Westchester County, New York
3.3

I signed up for Verizon Fios, under the classic bait and switch tactic, "I don't know why they told you that premium channels were included in your package, that's not our current promotion. I'm sorry, but we simply can't offer that at this price, but for $xx more..."

I soothed myself in the airport runway glow of the multitude of lights emitting from every box and power cord installed in a messy heap in my bedroom. I signed into my account, paid my first bill, enjoyed one month of the fios tv mobile app. The next month, I was locked out of my account. I checked my password, re-entered it, locked out. I clicked "forgot my password" (even though I hadn't) and tried again. I had the same issue with my mobile app, entered the new password, no luck. For the past 5 months, this has been my experience. Not able to use the mobile app, cannot log into my account without changing my password and reaffirming my identity 3 different ways. I have tried multiple devices, operating systems, and browsers, clearing the cache each time. Same result. I have called no fewer than 8 times about this issue, been on the phone for literally hours, with three departments, all to no avail. No one has been able to explain it, or help. I finally downgraded my services to internet only (hoping to save a few dollars on a bad experience, only to be trapped by termination fees). For the internet service I wanted the advertised price was $59.99. My charge? $112.00. When I protested this amount, I was told to check online, because "costs vary by location." Thing is, I can't do that, because when I enter my address it says I already have service, then prompts me to login, which I CANNOT DO. I laugh so I don't cry.

I have been a Verizon wireless phone customer for 6 years, and my service had always been great, but fios is a joke. All the agents are very nice, and try to be helpful, but they are as trapped in this absurd theatre as I.

14 days after cancelling my tv and phone, I am still waiting for the boxes to arrive to return my equipment. So I called to make sure they were sent. No surprise, they were not. Supposedly now they will be.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service at Verizon. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $3100 and wants Verizon to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was bait and switch, no resolution to poor service and inability to access account. Author liked the most internet speed. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Verizon verizon fios internet for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Verizon?

Comments