My son decided to get his own cell phone service. Every month there are charges for things we dont understand. Once we found out about unlimited calling service, we were told the bill would be no more the $250/month for 3 lines. The bill has been almost double that every month.

Every time I call and talk to someone, I get a different story. They say things have been downloaded but there is supposed to be a block on all downloads. They keep saying he has 5 lines on his account, there are only three. When I asked about cancelling, they said it would be up to $350/line...if I am charged with 5 lines thats $1750. Since son is still in school and on disability and just 18, I am trying to keep his credit from being destroyed. HIS FIRST VENTURE IN ESTABISHING HISCREDIT AND HE GETS ROYALYSCREWED.

Overall, there service is no better then anyone else. For that matter, page plus and Metro are using Verizons towers and I can get 4 lines for $100/month unlimited talk text and Internet. The down fall is I dont know if Metro will work in some of the areas I go. Page plus did.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jan 26, 2012.

Comments

Los Angeles, California, United States #684273

This story is missing a whole lot of information. Verizon just didn't magically add 2 lines of service.

There are paper trails to prove that.

Which means at one point you opened up 2 lines of service in order to get upgrades for existing lines that were not upgrade eligible. If you want to cancel them it will be $350 etf for each one.

#419823

We had verizon for a long time as well we had just the same problems, everything was ok when we left but we didn't want to wait and deal with it again, my brother signed up the same month we terminated our contract and the prices for his and his girlfriend's phones were outrageous! He is paying double what we paid for the same phones, they raised there prices Hollins1 so your bill may be fine and dandy but your rates were grandfathered in! Just because you get great service doesn't mean we all do!

hollins1

I HAVE HAD VERIZON WIRELESS FOR ABOUT 7 YEARS NOW,AND I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM'S WITH THEM.I GET A NEW CELL PHONE EVERY TWO YEARS AND MY BILL HAS ALWAY'S REMAIN THE SAME EACH MONTH.I WOULD NEVER USE METRO PCS BECAUSE I HAVE OTHER'S TELL ME.THEY HAVE PROBLEM'S WITH METRO PCS AND SPRINT.MAYBE THEY KNOW WHO TO F-WITH AND WHO NOT TO F-WITH.HUH.

jaycabby

I dont know what its gonna take to make people relize that Verizon has turned into a ripoff company just like ebay and others that started out doing things kinda right to out right scamms!

A couple of years ago I switched over to Verizon with a promise that they would match Sprint pricing. When my first bill arrived it was full of strange charges and double what I was paying.

After numerous emails and phone calls complaining Verizon stuck to there guns. I took the $400 hit to cancel and went back to Sprint.