I was traveling to the Dominican Republic on business recently. Before leaving I accessed the Verizon Wireless website to inquire about roaming charges.

I did a search within their website and a news page came up explaining that I could dial *228 to update my preferred roaming list. I would then pay 69 cents a minute. When my bill came, I was charged $1.99 a minute. For 59 minutes used , it was a $76.70 overcharge.

I got nowhere with customer service. I kept asking the representative to access the page I was referencing, but he kept telling me that elsewhere on the site, I could see the $1.99 a minute price. I tried to explain that it is not my job to remove incorrect information from their website. I asked to speak to a supervisor but was told that a supervisor would tell me the same thing.

I asked that he have a supervisor call me anyway but as you would expect it never happened. By the way, I was a loyal 8 year customer with 5 phones and a data card paying over $300 a month. I have since moved my main business phone to ATT. I will move the other phones as the contracts end.

They happily lost thousnads in potential dollars for $76.

Total incompetent fools. They do have better coverage in my area though.

Comments

funny thing was that it was for about an hr and i turned on my signal for that moment to check something

lol i got charged 2,000 dollars for accesing the internet with roaming in dominican republic now thats what i call a rip off :(