We have been receiving text messages from number 54775 and the we receive an addition charge of $9.99 on our Verizon bill. We have never requested these text messages and have repeatedly asked that Verizon make it impossible for any company to place fraudulent charges on our account.

Verizon has yet to do this and we have continued to receive charges on our bill. We have contacted 54775 and requested that they stop the charges and messages, they state that they will remove our numbers but we always receive another message.

This is fraud, it is the same as someone using your credit card number.

Review about: Verizon Account.

Comments

I was shocked and dismayed to find out I am being charged for receiving text messages from other people. I rarely text, but have to pay an outrageous amount to receive text messages.

The problem ie, I don't know if and when someone is going to text me, but I am in the process of telling everyone I know not to text me. I pay on average an extra $20 per month just to receive these messages. I know that this is only a scam for me to add more services onto my plan.

I feel that a certain amount of texting should be included in every plan. I AM NOT HAPPY.

Text "STOP" to that code and it will cancel it for you.You keep getting charged for a premium text message which is a monthly subscription charge being applied to your bill by the company who owns that short code not Verizon Wireless.