I am a Verizon FiOS triple-play customer in New Jersey, and have stayed with Verizon for internet and phone services for over 15 years.

Today Verizon FiOS seriously insulted and basically trashed my loyalty. Yesterday (Saturday 9/19/2015) morning my internet and phone services were cutoff, I called and opened ticket at about 9am EDT. I was told at that time there were "network issues" and "Verizon technicians are working on it, expect service restoration soon ...half an hour". However after more than 26 hours, the ticket was updated by Verizon stating expected time of resolution is Monday 9/21/2015 4pm EDT, 55 hours after the lost of services was reported!

I made numerous calls to Verizon FiOS customer service asking for explanation, because 55 hours of loosing both phone and internet connections, never happened in my over 15 years of staying with Verizon. Three of the calls were rudely hung up by Verizon customer support in the middle of conversation. Eventually a supervisor admitted that somehow Verizon messed up my customer profile, my FiOS box cannot connect to their DHCP server, problem is "at Verizon end" and "technician is working on it". It will take 55 hours for Verizon to fix DHCP server's IP lease issue? And this is Verizon FiOS so called technical advantage and competitiveness?

After my repeated questioning, one of the representatives tacitly admitted, because this is in the weekend no technician is actually fixing the problem, and since the lost of connection problem is only reported by "a tiny number of customers" (the exact words from a customer support supervisor), they don't bother to fix over the weekend.

To those who think Verizon FiOS is technically advanced and try to ditch their cable service, please read the above. For those who are tempted by Verizon FiOS triple-play's promotional pricing, after your initial term is up, you will see charges rocketing up on the bill and eventually close to double the amount on your 1st bill.

Such continuous and in some case drastic service deteriorating plus predating pricing, clearly tell us how bad monopoly can be to consumers. Hence I am sending this message to FCC as well.

Richard

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Verizon. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Verizon.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Verizon to other companies on our site.

Comments

Richard, this explains the weekend "customer service" issues that we have been having.I will be writing a letter to the FCC as well.

I believe they are in violation of their contractual obligations to the consumers who have signed contracts. I would love to end the contract and go back to other providers.

This company reminds me of another large company (USAir) who provided such bad customer service that they are now known as American Airlines!

Signed, Sick and Tired of Verizon Fios!