Verified Reviewer

After 20+ years of paying thru the nose for Verizon we finally abandoned ship and went elsewhere (and saved $$$). We had already paid for Verizon service from cancelled Verizon service from 10/22-11/21 when we decided to move to the new carrier on 10/22.

Our phones became active on the new carrier on 10/22 and our Verizon account also became inactive that day (I know because i tried to go in and look at our Verizon account and it said it was inactive). I went into a Verizon store the following week to request a refund for the period from 10/22-11/21 and was told that Verizon cannot provide a refund. Called Verizon customer service and was told the same thing even though they said that the service change did not go into effect until 11/5 (which is total BS). I told the Customer Service Rep that this was tantamount to theft because they charged us and we paid for service that they did not provide to us.

I then filed a complaint with the New York State Attorney General but have no delusions that Verizon will issue a refund.

They are out-and-out CROOKS! Go elsewhere!!!

User's recommendation: Don't use Verizon Wireless! Just don't do it!!!

Location: Rochester, New York