I HAVE WORKED FOR OVER A WEEK TO TRY TO GET AOL GOING. AND AOL SUCKS. TRIED TO SET UP GMAIL AS A DECENT ALTERNATIVE, BUT TRING TO EXPORT FROM AOL/VERIZON.NET TO GMAIL WAS A CHORE. FINALLY GOT EMAILS IN GMAIL, AND EVENTUALLY CONTACTS, BUT DISTRIBUTION FOLDERS WOULD NOT GO. HAD TO TRY MANUALLY SETTING UP MY NUMEROUS FOLDERS, ONE AT A TIME. STUMBLED ON HOW TO MOVE MULTIPLE CONTACTS AT ONCE IN GMAIL.

VERIZON SCREWED UP.

VERY UNHAPPY.

LOOKING FOR AN EASY TO USE EMAIL NOW. GMAIL ISNT SO GOOD OR EASY TO USE, WHEN TRYING TO GET OLD STUFF INTO IT.

ALSO JUST GOT TWO VERIZON BILLS. VERIZON SAYS THEY BOUGHT 'FRONTIER' WHICH WILL TAKE OVER VERIZON WIRESS ACCOUNTS, SO HAVE TWO BILLS TO GO THRU.

IF I DIDNT LIKE FIOS, WOULD DUMP VERIZON ENTIRELY.

AS IT IS, WILL PROBABLY DUMP WIRELESS AND EMAIL WITH AOL SOON.

SEEMS AS IF VERIZON MANAGMENT ARE IDIOTS.

LOTS OF P.O.ED NEIGHBORS HERE.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss bad quality of aol mail. Verizon needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned aol mail in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Verizon.

Comments

FOR QUITE SOME TIME, THE AOL PORT OF VERIZON EMAIL SEEMED FINE. Now, however, it seems o stop working on a whim.

this is so unreliable, I will likely drop Verizon service altogether. this is a shame, as I have enjoyed and recommended fios for may years.

AOL is crap. Can't sign into E-mail from Chrome or Firefox getting Blerk Error 1 message. You suck AOL

Poor AOL! Screwed up by Verizon!

Re: Verizon and AOL. I've been using AOL for many, many years without any technical problems. Verizon buys AOL and now nothing but problems! Verizon, just for the $$$ came up with their "new" Gold Desktop that they forced us to upgrade to and now I've got this new AOL "Gold" desktop that is slow, has bugs in it and if fact, right now (8/4/17) I can't even sign into my AOL account.

This is a shame that Verizon has caused this problem just to "line Verizon's pocket" with more profit!

I use AOL because it (was) easy to use, but not any more! What a shame!!!

Yancyd66
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #1312166

Have used Verizon.net for email with Outlook 2007 for many years with no issues. Now cannot setup same Verizon address with AOL.

Spent 3 days with their instructions (Verizon/AOL) and can connect with incoming but not outgoing. Today called Verizon and was on phone for 1-1/2 hrs and they could not fix.

Sent me to AOL and after 15 minutes, said they could fix if I signed up for Premium Account. This BS since I'm already paying Verizon for their service.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey, United States #1308319

You do not care about the customers, that much is clear. You S@#$k

to Anonymous Purcellville, Virginia, United States #1318119

Just dumped All Verizon services - including wireless.

Was loyal customer since their inception. Poor customer service, they don't inform customers of less costly plans and a management team that clearly doesn't value customers.

San Diego, California, United States #1169280

Didn't have trouble getting aol email working in transition from Verizon, but new web email interface is HORRIBLE. These *** threw us under the bus.

Much more inconvenient and time-consuming. I feel like I should deduct a fee for the extra time it consumes from my bill.

Unwanted spam and apps showing in aol/Verizon email. Thoroughly disgusted with new email service and looking to quit Verizon for good.