My internet went out on Wednesday 1/7/2015. I called Verizon Fios to let them know.

After about 40 minutes on the phone, they told me that there was a problem with their central office, and that they would fix it and my internet would be back up by the next day. Of course, my internet was not back up the next day, so I had to call again. I spent about 40 minutes on the phone with someone who clearly had no idea what was going on and just put me on hold for most of the time. He finally came back and said let's trouble shoot to see what's going on.

I got mad as I had already been on the phone a long time and asked to speak to a manager. I was then transferred to a billing manager instead of a technician manager and after almost an hour and a half on the phone, I had to start all over again with a new person. This person told me there was an outage and that someone would be sent out that day or early the next day to fix it. He took my cell phone number and promised I would get a call with an update.

Of course, I never got a call and had to call back again today. They told me that whoever handled it had handled it wrong and it wasn't in fact an outage. I got mad and asked to speak to a supervisor. I demanded that someone come out and fix my internet today, as I am now going on 3 days without internet and someone should have been sent out 3 days ago.

The first person tells me there are 4 tickets ahead of me and it isn't possible. I ask to speak to his manager and I am then told there are 100 or so tickets ahead of me. I said that's impossible, I was just told there were only 4 tickets, at which point the manager says to me no, no no, that is not what they said. At this point, I absolutely lose my temper and start screaming at him.

About 5 hours on the phone with Verizon, and going on 4 days without internet tomorrow, and I am told that someone will be coming tomorrow to fix it. No one showed any remorse for their behavior or even seemed to be bothered at how badly the whole situation was handled.

Since I moved here in October 2012 and have had verizon, I have probably cumulatively spent about 2 weeks without internet, maybe even more. They are truly one of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with and they clearly do not care at all about their customers.

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. lawschool1 stated that there is a room for improvement of poor service and incompetent customer service. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss poor customer service of verizon customer care and associated monetary loss in the amount of $100. Verizon needs to issue a partial refund according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned verizon customer care in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Verizon.

Comments