I applied to refinance my house, during the credit review process, they determined that Verizon had filed an overdue bill on my credit report.

I had received some shady collection notices in the mail and called Verizon several times and the lady said it wasn't from Verizon. I have confirmation numbers for all my Verizon bills for years. Not once missing a bill.

Credit agencies say the charge is valid, Verizon won't help online, chat, on the phone, They don't seem to know anything about it. My son has a similar experience that all seems to start when we cancelled our home phone services and Verizon had no way to track anything because their system is all based on that number.

I will be in the market for a new internet, wireless and TV provided soon.

Any ideas?

Review about: Verizon Phone Service.

Comments

Write Verizon a letter, and request that they send you a statement in writing that reflects your current account status, which you assert is paid up. Forward a copy of that letter along with your dispute of the negative information on the credit report, in writing, to the credit reporting agencies.

Also ask the credit reporting agencies to document (in writing) the source of the negative credit information. This type of thing is often the fault of one of the credit reporting agencies, which then gets duplicated by the other two.