Last year I signed up for Verizon Fios, including internet and phone. I was set up with paperless billing through my bank. Then i wanted to switch to Vonage for phone while keeping the same phone number. So in Feb Vonage requested that Verizon cut off my phone service. They did that.

A month later, I they suddenly disconnected my internet service. I called them and it was very difficult to talk to anyone since their *** computer asks for a "Verizon phone number", but I am an internet-only customer and so has no phone number with them. If they're going to provide internet services they better get used to not requiring phone service. Anyways, after talking to several people, they reinstated my internet the same day. Apparently when they stopped phone service, they stopped sending me any sort of bills either paper, via email, or through my bank. So I had an unpaid balance that I didn't even know about, and they wanted some credit card number to charge my new account to.

That's not the end of the story. The following month, I got a notice to return equipment - my internet router which they originally gave me for "free" - threatening a $99- fine if I don't comply. I called and explained I am still using their internet service. They apologized and told me to ignore the notice.

6 months later, I discovered my credit score was down by 100 points. Turns out I have a collection notice for $175- from Verizon. Yikes! Notice they never even sent me a bill for that amount, not paper, not email, not through the bank. I never received any collection notice either.

I called and they said I owe them a $75 dollar "early termination fee" of the internet Fios contract + the $99 for unreturned equipment. BS! I explained to them I am still a customer and they promised to credit back those charges and clean up my record.

That was one month ago. I still haven't seen the credit or the clean report. Every time I call them they play the game of asking me for Verizon phone number, bouncing me through 5-6 people, and suddenly disconnecting the call for no reason.

Review about: Verizon Internet Service.

Comments