On 7/2/2009 I activated a non-contract, personally owned, cell phone with Alltel's prepaid service with total charges of $140.00 with the assurance that when Alltel and Verizon merged that my balance would transfer and that the $100 payment(the other $40 was an activation fee) for future minutes included in that amount would not expire for one year.

Upon transfer of the account to Verizon no balance was transferred by Alltel, despite less than 20 minutes of time being used, according to Verizon. Alltel states that a balance was transferred and that they can no longer access my records as Verizon is now the sole holder of the account.

I spent over an hour on the phone with Verizon tonight. Initially speaking with "Brandon" in the Verizon prepaid call center, who could not resolve and who offered no further assistance I requested to be transferred to a supervisor. After some time I finally spoke with a supervisor, "Porsche," in the Verizon prepaid Georgia call center in an attempt to resolve. She could not resolve my issue and told me "this is not a 'known issue,' told me there was nothing anyone could do and promptly hung up on me! Needless to say she was quite rude.

So I am out $140, with no prepaid phone service despite making payment in good faith.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Nov 24, 2009.

Comments