Without my knowledge, Verizon opened TWO separate accounts in my name. So when I closed my account with them and paid in full, I still got bills.

I paid the following month, assuming it was a "carry over". But then the bills kept coming. I didn't right away deal with it because I was activated with the military. However, when it went to collections (it was for apx.

$34), I tried to get it resolved to no avail. Even though THEY are the ones who opened a second account in my name! Why would a company do that??

It's severely hurt my credit, all over $34! I will never do business with them again!

Review about: Verizon Account.

Comments

New York City, New York, United States #646327

Verizon did this same thing to me. I had no idea there was a second account until I received a collections letter.

Do not pay the collection firm - I called Verizon and made them take the whole thing back, and "undo" the collections account. It took a lot of calm calls, and a lot of notes and getting peoples names and what not.

If you have to, call the consumer advocate in your state or city, and if that doesn't work, call a local news station and tell them they are screwing over a veteran!