Bryn Athyn, Pennsylvania

I responded to an advertisement from Verizon for faster internet speeds.

I was interested in increasing to the 100 Mbps service up from 50 Mbps.

The lady I spoke with said the only way they could do that was if they sent a technician out to change some wiring and install a new router. The cost for the technician would be $150.00

She quoted me an upgeade charge of $20.00 per month up to $134.00 per month for the 100 Mbps service upgrade but to get a technician out we first had to upgrade to 300 Mbps service and that we would be able to downgrade to the 100 Mbps service in a day or so.

First to be honest the technician they sent was great, and friendly an did a good job.

5 Days later I finally get the chance to call Verizon and downgrade the service down to 100 Mbps.

The new 100 Mbps service now is going to cost $159.00 per month, an extra $25.00 per month, as the plans have changed.

I'm sorry but I was quoted a cost by your representative and I expect you to hold it as you would I if you were buying from me.

When I find this out I decide to change back to the 50 Mbps but now the service cost....You guessed it $134.99 per month new charges as the old charges are not valid.

I also find out that Verizon charges you $150.00 for the technician but tacks on a fee of $50.00 that they do not tell you about.

I am now on the phone with Miss Fabian to get credits for the $150.00 technician fee and the $50.00 Technician Service Fee.

Why is it OK for these Conglomerates to attempt injustices to their customers?

Now this problem has been resolved by Miss Fabian as she has honored the pricing quoted last week for the 100 Mbps service and I have honored my agreement to pay for the technician. At this point I do not intend to argue about a service fee.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Internet Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Comments