Update by user Jul 19, 2013

NOTE I don't know how the category got to be cellular phone, this is about landline phone and DSL.

Update by user Jul 19, 2013

Update on 7/19/13

After doing extensive research online and finding out that after the second complaint, Verizon automatically switches your cooper wire based to FIOS based, at a much higher price, I opted not to make a third complaint, and run the risk of being changed.

However, the whole Internet connection problem is based on static on the line, that seems to occur after a rain, and this is Florida.

I hit on an idea ... if I could keep the static from coming through, problem would be solved.

I found that by leaving the receiver of one phone off the hook while on the Internet, the static coming through is reduced and I can use the Internet.

It is not a perfect solution, but it works for now.

I have a contracted DSL price with Verizon, or I would be tempted to dump Verizon and go with cable based Internet.

One thing for sure, I will never pay the exorbitant rates for Verizon FIOS.

Original review posted by user Jun 18, 2013

I live in Florida, where telephone service is no longer regulated, and have been with Verizon in the same location over 20 years.

Five years ago, I agreed to sign on for DSL at a set "for life" rate. This was great for me as a Senior with fixed income.

The service has been fine until six months ago. Intermittently, and worse when it rains, my phones get static, which causes the DSL to disconnect.

This has been happening more and more.

After extensive testing, Verizon determined the problem is with their outside line. They sent a tech, who declared it "fixed," it is worse than ever.

A second tech came and, as there was no static at the time, declared the line "fine." A few hours later, same problems, and they continue.

Florida now had no regulatory oversight of phone service, the companies convinced the government it was "not needed."

So now I have to either put up with very bad phone and Internet or pay four times as much for the FIOS Verizon is hawking.

Likewise, cable is unregulated and too expensive.

So I guess soon, I'll be completely out of Internet, and have to go to Tracfone for telephone.

Deregulation ... what a great idea for the companies, not the consumers.

Review about: Verizon Internet Service.

Comments

Forgot to add always call right after or as the trouble is happening so the testers can get a more usable test. If you have a cell phone call in the trouble as you can. Unfortunately the trouble should be at it's worst when a tech is testing it.