I have made this payment and have faxed proof of my bank statement at least 3 times to Verison. (I have saved receipts of faxes made.) I have also spent countless hours on the phone with customer service representatives and managers. Each time, I am told that my statement proves that I paid the bill. I am informed that (1) I do not owe any money, (2) the case is still "in process" so it can't be closed yet, (3) the case will be closed at some point, and (4) I will get verification in the mail within 30 days that the issue has been resolved.

Yet, none of this ever occurs. Verizon never closes the case and then they eventually refer it to another collection agency. This problem has been on-going for 2 1/2 years. THey do not care that I made the payment or that their error negatively affects my credit.

As 0f 10/18/11, I am now told that my bank statement is insufficient proof of payment. I need an "electronic funds transfer" from my bank. I forwarded this to Verizon. The response still continues to be, "this is under investigation. It will be resolved in 30 days." What a terrible company!

Review about: Verizon Internet Service.

Comments

The situation finally was resolved. Here's how:

I filed compliants with the Better Business Bureau, Attorney General and Comsumer Protection Agency. I also had my bank fax the electronic funds transfer to Verizon as further proof. This got the attention of upper management, who contacted me and straightened it out. It took about a month and a half. They sent me an apology letter and cleared it up on my credit report.

I still think Verizon is a terrible company. I did end up terminating my cell account there later for AT&T. When I cancelled it, they refused to tell me what my final bill would be. I was afraid they would never send me the bill and then refer it to collections again. So I purposely paid $500 with a personal check. I knew that then I would not owe any money. It took about 3 months and several phone call complaints to finally get refunded my overpayment.

I've been with AT&T for 7 months now. Even though cell reception isn't quite as good as Verizon, their customer service is much better. No more aggravations.

i used to believe that Verizon is better than AT&T, here you go, if you're gonna be transfering your service to AT&T and this same thing happened, i wonder what will you say then.. ^_^