I have been a Verizon customer for that last 2 years. I just recently received a collection notice in the mail from a collection agency that Verizon sold my account to. Ironic, since I still have internet, tv & home phone service through them. You would think they would have called, emailed, or mailed me before selling this debt to a collection agency, especially since my home phone service is through them and they have always had my updated address; which is why the overdue bill had caught me off guard.

I called the collection agency to get some validity on what the small past due amount of $55 was for. I moved to a new apartment a little over a year ago and the bill was for the left over balance for internet service. When I transferred my service to the new address, I was told by a representative that the last bill would be included w/ the next billing cycle at the new apartment.

Now, I have a $55 dollar charge on my credit. I immediately paid the balance, but my credit score has been affected.

BEWARE to all current customers and those contemplating using Verizon for a provider. You may get burned in the end by a company that would rather report unknown oustanding balances to the credit bureau, instead of just contacting their customers directly through a phone line that they provide.

Review about: Verizon Internet Service.

Comments

#200876

We had an insident similar to Nicolecs' with Verizon.This happended when we bundled the cell phones and the land line.

The bill was one for both acc. together and one had to pay the other as we undestand. However, after we canceled our cell phones service with them, Verizon failed to pay the final bill to Verizon wireless. We kept getting billed for the cell phones part of the bill even though we had paid on time as usual.

They eventually sent this to the credit bureau as a default debt. It won't come off until 2014.

A bad spot in an othewise, excellent credit report.Shame on them.