BEWARE!!!!This same thing happened to us!

We formerly had Verizon phone and internet, but recently decided to upgrade and bundle our services to also include cable TV. We were told we would receive a $300 gift card PLUS A FREE TABLET. We received a letter directing us to our 'local Verizon store' to select our FREE TABLET. The letter did not specify where our 'local Verizon store' was located, nor did it provide a website or phone number to help us locate the store.

We went to 3 different locations before we found a place that could honor this letter, however that place said they did not have the LG tablet, which, they admitted was better quality than the tablet they had available. They then suggested we drive to the 'local store' in the next town, because they would have the LG tablet there. We drove to this location, but were then informed that we would receive the tablet ONLY AFTER WE SIGNED A 2-YEAR CONTRACT AT AN ADDITIONAL $240 PER YEAR FOR 4-G SERVICE. I explained, as we already have wireless internet through Verizon and would not need to use the tablet outside our home, we saw no reason to sign up for 4-G.

WE WERE THEN INFORMED WE WOULD NOT BE HANDED THE TABLET UNLESS WE SIGNED ON FOR THIS 2-YEAR COMMITMENT. SO PEOPLE, THE 'FREE TABLET' WILL BE COSTING YOU A MINIMUM OF $480, PLUS 'APPLICABLE TAXES' AND AN ACTIVATION FEE? If you think this is a good deal, go for it...

We will be contacting our state's Attorney General's Office about such deceptive business practices.

Review about: Verizon Deal.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: False advertising.

Comments

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States #1176555

We also were screwed with this promotion back on February 22 2015 they had stated if we extend our contract for tv internet and phone we would recieved a free tablet

To all beware of Verizon

Same thing happened to me basically, had to pay $50 plus additional 30 per month for two years. How its in collections. Verizon did not want to stop the two years plan after I they knew I was lied to by the store, they keep sending me to the store and the store keeps telling me to call Verizon!