as title says, Verizon charged me a cancellation fee even though it charged me a $29.99 activation and $79.99 installation broken into 3 months when I started the service, and then ruined my credit when I refused to paysucha charge.

- when I signed up, I did not know there was a 2 year contract or a penalty because Verizon billed me $29.99 for activation and $26.66 extra a month for 3 months for installation

- even though I was promised a refund by Christina Dugan, a Verizon representative, who needed to make the promise in order to justify the cancellation fee, I never saw any refund.

- It was very difficult to cancel my account because I always got put on very long hold and got kicked around to different departments in NY, MD, NJ, PA or residential/commercial departments when my called got answered. I was only able to cancel after I filed complaint with Better Business Bureau

- I was never given an account number or a bill, until after my account was canceled. Payment was always auto-deducted from my credit card.

- Christina Dugan promised to have her supervisor to call me after we could not reach an agreement and I asked to speak to one, but no one ever called.

This is a no way to treat a customer. In particular, Verizon representative Christina Dugan was rude and impatient and only cared about cancellation fee without ever apologizing for wrongful activation and installation charges and the extreme difficulty to get through Verizons cancellation customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Account.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 18, 2012.

Comments