Received the follow email from Verizon on my home internet service. Apparently as of May 6, 2012 I will no longer be provided with a dry loop internet service to my house unless I purchase home phone service. In the days of Cell phones and other services that are cheaper, I find it ridiculous that I should have to spend more money on a service I don't need and don't want. I have already filled a complaint with the FCC on this. It should be illegal companies tell you that you have to buy other services just to receive internet... Complete BS..

-----------------

At Verizon, we are committed to bring you the best suite of products and the most current capabilities, while providing the value and quality of service that you expect. From time to time, we must make changes to our product offering to meet these goals. Beginning May 6, 2012, we will no longer offer High Speed Internet without local voice service on the same account.

What does this mean for you?

If you currently have High Speed Internet without local voice service on the same account, there is no action required on your part to continue enjoying your internet service.You will not experience any disruption of service.

Prior to May 6, 2012, you can still make speed upgrades or downgrades to your existing service.Prior to May 6, 2012, you can receive bundle discounts by adding DIRECTV service or Verizon Wireless service to your current internet service.

What this means if you change or disconnect your High Speed Internet Service as of May 6, 2012, or after:

You can make changes to and retain your Verizon High Speed Internet Service on or after the above date, by adding Verizon's local voice service to the same account.If you are moving your service from one location to another on or after the above date, you may subscribe to internet service at your new location if you also subscribe to Verizon's local voice service on the same account.If you choose to subscribe to additional Verizon services you could be eligible for a bundled discount when you also subscribe to Verizon's local voice service on the same account.

Thank you for choosing Verizon as your High Speed Internet service provider. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to providing you with great service for years to come.

Sincerely,

Verizon

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Apr 06, 2012.

Comments

I use 100% FREE internet services at my local Tim Hortons. Why would anyone want to "Pay" a company such as Verizon who has become very arrogant.

They need to go back to the drawing board and re-think trying to force people to use a service that they just don't want. It is like going to the store to buy Milk, but you can't buy milk unless you buy motor oil.

Does that make sense? Verizon, pay close attention to services like Earthlink who are popping up to offer stand alone dry loop DSL on the same wires you use!

Expect Verizon to pull "service changes" for almost any reason, i.e., "oh, you want to pay with a credit card instead of check, well that's a 'service change' and you'll now have to add a land line at $30/month to continue getting DSL". Expect it, they've planned it in their strategy meetings and given orders to the sales reps!

it says if you had it before may 6th you will continue to get it. only new subscribers after may 6th