Update by user Jan 03, 2014

After calling several times more with continued issues, a manager at the call center authorized the cancellation of my accounts based on the fact that I am in a limited reception area. I guess they don't cover Wisconsin.

I moved back to my original company which uses the same towers and have had no problems. I am still waiting to make sure all of my accounts are closed with no further expenses before closing this complaint.

Original review posted by user Dec 04, 2013

I bought an HTC 8 under contract and began having trouble with it almost immediately. Verizon personnel at the stores and over the phone did try to resolve the problems, but were unable.

A replacement phone was sent and I discovered it was a reconditioned phone instead of new because it had been over 14 days when they decided to replace. The replacement has other issues and they are sending another reconditioned phone to replace it. They refuse to replace with new because of the 14 day policy even though they took their time for the first replacement order. I have been to Verizon, HTC, and Microsoft with no luck.

Suggestions: Use another carrier. Do not buy the HTC 8.

Stay away from Windows phones. It will I will lose over $1000 by switching, but at this point it looks like it will be worth it.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Dec 04, 2013.

Comments