Verizon FIOS SUCKS

1163 of 1997 Verizon reviews

I signed up for the Triple Play more than ayear ago.AQt that time I told the salesman I did NOT want the games, movies,off-line storage, parental controls and the whole list of add-ons - PERIOD.

Guess what? The first invoice had all the extras listed at N/C. I went back to the salesman, he called customer support, he assured me that it was taken care of. Next month the charges appear again plus no credit for the previous month.

Third and fourth months, the same thing. During these four months, I made monthly payments less the over-charges. After the 4th month, my services were suspended. Another trip back to the store and this time the salesman gave me the direct phone number to the VP of Customer Service.

I talked to him, and all he would say, if I paid the total amount due including the over-charges, he would personally credit back the over-charges. LIKE AN ***, I paid the bill in full. The service was turned back on immediately. Next month- same problem and no credits issued.

Another trip back to the store, I really raised *** and was asked to leave. I packed up all their equipment and returned it to the store and got a reciept and supposedly cancelled the account - WRONG! Now 9 months later, I still get a monthly bill for service and equipment and a call from a collection agency.

THESE PEOPLE ARE TOTAL MORONS!Beware - you have been warned!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 21 Yes 21 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
1163 of 1997 Verizon reviews

Sep 26, 2016 #1218713 Richmond, Virginia, United States

Verizon Fios does not even offer THE WEATHER CHANNEL. Big name like Verizon and they can't even offer the BEST in weather.

John Smith

Jan 23, 2015 #935029 Najafgarh, Delhi, India

Your blog of Verizon FIOS SUCKS is really an informative blog.
Dallas Business Phones

Brite-2500

Aug 10, 2013 #697230

When Verizon first took over my phone company, they couldn't have been better ... of course those were the days of phone company service regulation by the Public Service Commission, which the phone companies and their Republican shills in government did away with.

Now, the service is like a third world company ... come to think of it, it is a third world company, as when you get DSL tech support, you are talking to Asia.

They have boldfaced lied to me, charged me for services I did not have, and failed to address repair issues.

OK, and probably, they have their paid shills posting positive comments on websites such as this one.

0 3 Reply
Jimmy

Jun 02, 2013 #659287 Dallas, Texas, United States

Lol at the comment saying verizon "turned off youtube in my area"!!! One does not simply "turn off" youtube, you might want to educate yourself on how content delivery works. Dollars to donuts, anyone experiencing slow connection speeds on fios have a computer infested with malware/spyware. Either that or you are a Time Warner/Comcast/AT&T troll.

NoMSN4U

Jul 08, 2013 #676319

Verizon won't let you make certain websites your default homepage. I know people who couldn't make MSN their default home page and had to go to MSN through a web search or proxy.

Comcast

May 02, 2013 #645235 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States

I made the mistake of thinking Comcast was bad...Don't be fooled. Read these comments, they are all true. I just stripped my service down to the basics and will use Netflix and Redbox until my contract is up and I can switch back to Comcast.

Jul 04, 2013 #674622 Boston, Massachusetts, United States

i think she meant youtube on the television. fios used to have youtube on tv you could watch music videos but they stopped it last month.

Roger

Apr 25, 2013 #642233 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States

Youtube no longer works with FIOS in some areas. When I called verizon they simply said they did not have enough bandwidth so they turned youtube off in my area. WHAT!?

Mairead

Feb 01, 2013 #602796 New York City, New York, United States

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When I decided to sublet my son's apartment including utilites, he told me "You're going to love FIOS, I am so happy to be done with cable," I raised a smart, steetwise young man with a law degree and a successful career and I am baffeled, absolutely bollackes as to why he is so F...ing enarmored with this crabby product, Yes, it may be faster than the cable services and perhaps he thinks the customer service is better but as a member of MENSA I am not able to comprehend why he would think so, I have to reboot and request service from them at least once every 48 hours and when I had cable I didn't have to "rent" movies for a fee, I had them provided to me. I want the Public Utilites Commission to shut these A holes down they totally suck and I say that as the mother of a Verizon wireless employee, I am more proud of my criminal defense attorney son who represents the scumbags of life because at least he's honest but I find it despicable that another of my 4 sons is employed by these charlatans FIOS SUCKS change to ANYTHING ELSE May you all go bankrupt

1 0 Reply
Abishek

Sep 07, 2012 #539135

I moved to Tampa FL. There is no other cable provider they strip us and the service sucks big time.

Johnny

Sep 06, 2012 #538722

Fios is a joke. Don't waste your time. Had random service interruptions for months. Had several "techs" come to "fix" the problem. Finally resolved after months of issues. Last night there was an outage. Called their customer service and no one even answered. They could have easily added a message regarding the outage but did not. Their reps are terrible and not trained in the technology. Their competition comes to my door on a regular basis. Next time I will let them in. Truly terrible company. Don't really understand how they are even in business still. Don't waste your time, money, and sanity.

Verizon Really Does Suck

Aug 08, 2012 #525726

Someone needs to file a class action suit against these crooks. Bait and switch sales tactics, retaliatory service cutoffs, Internet slowdowns where there should be none, and truly, truly horrible customer service.
Trying to contact Verizon is pointless, as previous poster notes. You'll waste hours of your time and get nowhere. They don't care. Lawsuits and big fines and penalties are the only thing companies like this understand.

measehven

Jul 31, 2013 #690623 Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I just said the same thing. My service goes out all the time and they say they will charge if the text comes out and find out it's an inside wiring issue. Well guess what, the service never worked well since it was installed. If they come to my home and claim inside wiring, I WILL start a class action suit. It is ridiculous to force charge a fee. If it is inside wiring, I should be able to say thanks but no thanks. Verizon says they will charge for just coming out. FOOLS.

1 0 Reply
Billy

Jun 26, 2012 #502612

I agreed to a 2 year FIOS contract about 15 months ago. I did so with the promise of a guaranteed price for 24 months. I was told outside of any possible tax changes, which Verizon can't control (fair!) my other costs would not change one cent. That was stated as services, equipment, and all Verizon fees. Since then Verizon has raised my price a couple of times.....first they raised my Set Top Box prices $2 each. Then they dropped a $5 monthly discount they said I'd get for 24 months.

Here is their basic scam. They promise you a discount for 24 months. 12 months later when whatever promo they gave you expires, they so "oh its no longer available" and you are beat for that amount.
The killer – they acknowledge what I was promised but just keep saying “equipment doesn’t count” or “there’s nothing we can do.” Even though they clearly promised a set price including equipment.
Me, I am going back to Comcast as soon as my 24 months are up with these lying losers.
To ice the cake, I cancelled one STB to offset some of the price increase. It took over a week for Verizon to send me the box to ship back the STB. When it came, it had no shipping label or return address listed. So I called Verizon. They told me they'd send me the label in 1 to 2 business days. FIVE business days later, I called again and e-mailed. They told me since I didn't list my phone number or account (I correctly listed BOTH), that's why I didn't
... Show more

Matt

May 06, 2014 #812474

I feel your pain Billy, same exact thing happened with me!
VERIZON SUCKS WORSE THAN SUCK!!!!! THEY ALL SUCK BUT VERIZON SUCKS SUCK!!

Debby

Jun 11, 2012 #494285

Last year, Verizon quoted me a price of $44.00 for internet only FIOS service, then charged my credit card $49.99. I called Verizon immediately, and my credit card to dispute the charge. Verizon refused to help. I reported to the BBB. I had kept very specific notes during the original call. Verizon called me within 24 hours of the report and gave me an immediate credit for the difference for 24 months. However, the problems I have experienced with FIOS service makes the $44/mo. seems like money down the drain. The original installation was not done correctly and has caused electric issues throughout my house. Verizon constantly screws with the speeds and has caused numerous computer crashes, and now the routers (we've been through at least three a year) keep causing spikes. Verizon refuses to send anyone out to fix it. The few times that they said someone would come out, no one ever showed. When I called, I was told that the electric in my house is not their problem. I have had an electrician here who specifically said that the Verizon box is the problem. We have direcTV, and have never had a problem with any of the TV's. DirectTV upgrades all the boxes and come out anytime we call with any issue. Time to call the BBB again.

mark

Apr 25, 2013 #642091 Sacramento, California, United States

verizon changing your speed will not cause your computer to crash..... learn something before you sound like and ***.

0 1 Reply
PileDriver

Feb 16, 2016 #1112979

Hey Mark, you really sound like a conceited and arrogant ***. So, she got the terminology wrong. You can easily correct her without resorting to childish name-calling towards someone that you do not even know. BTW, learn how to spell, genius. It is AN, not AND!!!

NotAnIdiot

Jun 26, 2013 #669914

Service providers don't cause computer crashes... ***.

0 1 Reply

1-20 of 24 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.