I have been a long time Verizon customer for both cell phone and home internet etc. All the way from the my dsl days in college until my fancy neighborhood finally got offered fios.
I've been spurned by Verizon on more than one occasion. However, today I just had to make note of my displeasure.
I went online, and I saw a deal, and I called in to see if i could switch my service. Not only does their so called "customer service" not listen to your question, or you concerns, they immediately start on their sales pitch and tries to up sell. It's a business I get it. But just don't.
Here I am trying to reduce my bill by half, because that is the new rate that they charge, however, they were unwilling to help. Not just that they wouldn't be able to help, but they basically were pushing me to cancel. First pushing me to cancel, then in the same breath, threatening me. "If you cancel, you won't be able to open an account with the same name. You're going to have to wait x period of time before you can even get service again."
This in my opinion is just not good service. Here I am a long standing customer. Trying to work with my provider, asking about a rate that they are offering to everyone else, but they are unwilling to help me out, to keep me as a customer. I didn't ask for anything that was not already available. I didn't ask to be provided any kind of discount beyond what is already posted on their main site. I even was willing to sign a contract, which I am not currently under, to try and remain a customer, and they would rather use this current tactic of trying to intimidate a consumer about how much time and effort it would take to cancel or find something else.
Challenge accepted. This is poor taste.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Told one thing and going doing another
- Fraudulent tactics
- Poor customer service
- Poor coordination of install
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Product or service
- Verizon Fios Quantum
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After experiencing what I just experienced with a Verizon consultant I feel I need to share my story. I was a consultant for Verizon landline for five years from 1998..."
- "Hello. DirectTV installed a big satellite dish on the (newer) roof of my home-that I rent out in Copperas Cove. My tenant claims his mother had ordered the service (long..."
- "Verizon contractor made damage to my yard when installing the FIOS service in the area. I called and spoke with Verizon customer service several times. Several time they stated someone..."
- " Zips in Lanham Maryland has no people to service drop off and pick up of clothing. It's 7:15 am and I've waited 20 min to pick up my clothes...."
- "DO not move here!!!! Teenagers rule the neighborhood. Most of them do not live on the property and management does not make them leave. I had a verbal altercation with..."
- "THIS REVIEW IS FOR ANTWERPEN TOYOTA, CLARKSVILLE, MD: I DESPERATELY NEED TRANSPORTATION! I Purchased a 2012 Prius in November 2015 with a $2000 CASH Down Payment, as the Toyota Dealer Refused my..."
- "I CAN NOT MAKE THESE PEOPLE UNDERSTAND THAT WHAT I RECEIVED WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED. THEY JUST KEEP TELLING ME THAT ACCORDING TO THE RECEIPT THAT MY ORDER WAS..."
- "So I have submitted a receipt from door dash online that states what I have ordered. When I got my food it was the complete opposite. I ordered a mac..."
- "After paying over $100 for a new pair of Nike Air Max, wearing them for less than 3 weeks, both left and right shoes delaminated at the rubber sole. What..."