Verizon Fios Pushing Me to Cancel

281 of 1950 Verizon reviews

I have been a long time Verizon customer for both cell phone and home internet etc. All the way from the my dsl days in college until my fancy neighborhood finally got offered fios.

I've been spurned by Verizon on more than one occasion. However, today I just had to make note of my displeasure.

I went online, and I saw a deal, and I called in to see if i could switch my service. Not only does their so called "customer service" not listen to your question, or you concerns, they immediately start on their sales pitch and tries to up sell. It's a business I get it. But just don't.

Here I am trying to reduce my bill by half, because that is the new rate that they charge, however, they were unwilling to help. Not just that they wouldn't be able to help, but they basically were pushing me to cancel. First pushing me to cancel, then in the same breath, threatening me. "If you cancel, you won't be able to open an account with the same name. You're going to have to wait x period of time before you can even get service again."

This in my opinion is just not good service. Here I am a long standing customer. Trying to work with my provider, asking about a rate that they are offering to everyone else, but they are unwilling to help me out, to keep me as a customer. I didn't ask for anything that was not already available. I didn't ask to be provided any kind of discount beyond what is already posted on their main site. I even was willing to sign a contract, which I am not currently under, to try and remain a customer, and they would rather use this current tactic of trying to intimidate a consumer about how much time and effort it would take to cancel or find something else.

Challenge accepted. This is poor taste.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Coverage Area

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Told one thing and going doing another
    • Lying
    • Fraudulent tactics
    • Poor customer service
    • Poor coordination of install

Reason of review:
Poor customer service
Preferred solution:
Let the company propose a solution
Product or service
Verizon Fios Quantum
Review category
Telecommunications
review #721007 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Verizon? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
281 of 1950 Verizon reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.