I have been a long time Verizon customer for both cell phone and home internet etc. All the way from the my dsl days in college until my fancy neighborhood finally got offered fios.

I've been spurned by Verizon on more than one occasion. However, today I just had to make note of my displeasure.

I went online, and I saw a deal, and I called in to see if i could switch my service. Not only does their so called "customer service" not listen to your question, or you concerns, they immediately start on their sales pitch and tries to up sell. It's a business I get it. But just don't.

Here I am trying to reduce my bill by half, because that is the new rate that they charge, however, they were unwilling to help. Not just that they wouldn't be able to help, but they basically were pushing me to cancel. First pushing me to cancel, then in the same breath, threatening me. "If you cancel, you won't be able to open an account with the same name. You're going to have to wait x period of time before you can even get service again."

This in my opinion is just not good service. Here I am a long standing customer. Trying to work with my provider, asking about a rate that they are offering to everyone else, but they are unwilling to help me out, to keep me as a customer. I didn't ask for anything that was not already available. I didn't ask to be provided any kind of discount beyond what is already posted on their main site. I even was willing to sign a contract, which I am not currently under, to try and remain a customer, and they would rather use this current tactic of trying to intimidate a consumer about how much time and effort it would take to cancel or find something else.

Challenge accepted. This is poor taste.

Review about: Verizon Fios Quantum.

I didn't like: Told one thing and going doing another, Lying, Fraudulent tactics, Poor customer service, Poor coordination of install.

3.7
Coverage Area
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / Not specified
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Verizon?

Submit review

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.