The price that was quoted over the phone when we ordered Verizon Fios TV and internet was not the price that we were charged when we recieved our first bill. Verizon is a "bait and switch" type company that lies to its customers.

We would like to cancel their services but there is a huge charge to cancel this two year agreement. Our plan is to cancel in two years and they will not get any of our business in the future(we have been loyal verizon cutomers for almost thirty years).Do yourself a favor spend your money with another company!

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Phone Plan.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 03, 2011.

Comments

lbpaladin
Long Beach, California, United States #605535

I recently signed my Grandma up for Fios after Verizon denied her a DSL service. I agreed to sign up for Fios because the price quoted on the phone was $122.

Verification email had a higher price. When I called to confirm $122 price I was informed that is the price and that the confirmation does not always match the true price and that the $122 price was correct. They sent me one wrong box. Every time I call I get quoted a different price even the same call transferred to a Supervisor gives me a different price than the representative I spoke with on the same phone call.

I have cancelled services that I never would have had I had been quoted $164.11 the price the last representative told me I am expected to pay. Now after dealing with Verizon and jumping through hoops because of their multiple errors and bait and switch techniques it will cost me money for installation fees with the cable company I cancelled.

Yes, they promised me a lower rate and said that when the first bill comes, it'll have the 'normal' rate and just call them for an adjustment. Guess what, when I called they have no record of the lower quote and cannot offer that.

Since it's over 30 days, you can't cancel without paying $230 penalty. Yes, they are liars...never again Verizon!

They lied to me about a bundle saying if we extended our contract for another two years and did the bundle they recommended our bill wold be $156.40 a month...just got our monthly bill, $192.40. A bit of a difference!

And that is after the bill with the prorated month. Called and asked to speak to a supervisor and was told none available. Mr.

McAdams CEO will be getting a letter about his employees lying to get contracts. I am also contacting the BBB.

You agree to a contract. If you read verizon.com/termsandconditions it reads that base bundle price is before any additional promos or offer. Unless you have in WRITING you were promised a different price, your contract is VALID.

You are not stuck.....if you were promised something and did not recieve it, then you are not in a contract with them..cancel them

OMG!! This happened to us...they quoted us a price and promised us the world with triple play for about $80...then the bill came and there was NO mention of the promotion promised us over the phone by the sales agent.

We called to complain and they said that the sales agent made a mistake....sorry the promotion is over and we cant give you the promotion price!! Now we are stuck with a bill that is HIGHER than our TIME WARNER bill.

I wish I would of never switched because we cant cancel since we will incure HUGE cancelation fees....THIS IS A SCAM...SHAME ON YOU VERIZON!!!! They are ANIMALS...if you receive a sales call by one of these agents DO NOT DO NOT buy anything off of them.