Charlotte, North Carolina
5.5K views 37 comments

Moved out of my residence in September 2010, requested return boxes for the equipment i had. Never received anything. Called a second and third time, never received boxes. Finally, was told to bring boxes to a UPS center to send them back. I did so and 3 months after, I get a bill from Verizon for $954!!!!!!!!!!! for unreturned equipement.

I have made dozens of calls to them at this point, provided the tracking number every single time, yet this still appears on my credit report. Initially my score dropped 100 points because of this!!!!!!!

At my wits end with this disgrace of a company!! I have never once complained anywhere about a company, but this is simply unacceptable and is literally damaging my life.

Review about: Return Boxes.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $954
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Verizon?

Submit review

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1190125

Given how Verizon handled the transport of my telephone numbers to another carrier after I moved, this doesn't surprise me at all. I had to fight for two weeks to get them to obey the law and transport the numbers!

After that experience I decided that their "offer" to send me a box and shipping label for my set boxes and router was probably too good to be true and so I wised up and took the time to physically return my equipment to a Verizon Store that was authorized to receive the equipment and got an itemized receipt, including the Set Box Serial and Model Numbers and the router Serial Number.

I don't think you can trust these folks.

When I returned my router to UPS.They made sure that I save and photo my receipt because the said Verizon WILL say they did not get it and they will take you to collections over it.

WOW!

Then guess what happened!Unethical piece of Sh*t company.

I laugh at these complaints its called big business its wrong I know it. just keep praying for deregulation to happen for all telecoms ,wireless too. telcom employee tty

NOTHING HAS CHANGED AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Disputing with credit bureaus hasn't worked for me so far, neither has talking to Verizon directly.They will lie in your face and tell u that u haven't called, and they will claim they are not in the wrong but won't even make an effort to research the return tracking nor look through their inventory.

The only way to make them do anything is by going thru the FTC, FCRA, and your local state attorney generals office. If anyone needs any help I can email u the complaints I have submitted to each so that we can collectively be heard and seek compensation for the hardship they have placed on us due to their lack of substandard business operations and dispute procedures.

They are in violation in many ways.If u need help u can reach me at chrispolite562@gmail.com

When I call "customer no-service" the announcement the computer announcement is garbled and sounds as if it is coming from a submarine.This from a company that brags about it's superior "fiber-optics" system.

What a joke!Frank

I was told to leave a router at the location I was moving from and I did, new tenants moved in and then they sent me a bill for the router.well why did you tell me to leave it behind then MORONS?

now they have sent it to collections for 98$ like really?

it's not even worth that it's over 4 years old.Pathetic company.

to Anonymous #1111227

lol *** that's your fault they wouldn't just tell you to leave the router, anyone with 1/2 a brain would know to get it sent back to them and get proof of receipt. easiest/best thing to have done would be to bring it into a verizon store that accepts equipment returns and get a RECEIPT for it.

i've done it quite a few times and NEVER had ONE issue with them except one time they said i still had one of their older fios boxes when i upgraded to HD boxes. i provided the receipt info and it was cleared up THAT day.

to Anonymous New York, New York, United States #1190278

The router, DVR's and set top boxes belong to Verizon and they want them back.

The other stuff you can keep and "recycle" yourself.

You're best off returning the equipment directly to Verizon and getting a receipt with the serial numbers of the returned materials.

Phil
Downingtown, Pennsylvania, United States #947145

They cant find my package either. I have my customer reference #, but they don't give you a duplicate of the tracking # on the receipt just a customer reference #and order # and now they cant find it and are starting to call me.

Each and every step of the road with this company is a nightmare of bad customer service and the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing!