I filed Chapter 7 Bankruptcy November 2011.I found out February 2012 that Verizon had filed a claim against my Chapter 7 Banruptcy although I continued to make monthly payments to them.

I called to inquire about a delinquent phone call to me from Verizon and their representative informed me that I had authorize Verizon to file against my bankrupty (which I had not). Verizon advised me that they had closed out Level 1 of my account and had created level 2. I made payments every month with no knowledge that they had made this change. My bill still showed all charges applied (including the portion Verizon had filed with the bankruptcy court).

They closed out level 1 and sent all bills related to this level back to themselves. They never contacted myself or my lawyer to advise of their intent to file a claim against my bankruptcy. Their bankruptcy department said that they couldn't contact me and they did not have to inform my bankruptcy lawyer of their intent.

My issue with this entire situation is that Verizon took it upon themselves to file a claim against my bankruptcy, they continued to take my payments and did not advise me or my lawyer of the claim.

The Verizon representative said they had credited my account this February to reflect my November/December payment. Verizon's behaviour is underhanded and dishonest. Is their anyone I can contact to report their behaviour and advise them of this situation. I'm very disappointed in Verizon.

I expect this level of disceit from AT&T. If I was made aware of their actions then perhaps this wouldn't be so disheartening.

I will say they've lost me as a loyal customer.I won't support a company with such practices as this.

Comments

#519305

nikalseyn, how can you say that Verizon was just trying to protect themselves when I paid them every cent that I owed them.Let me add that they transferred to balance from level 1 to level 2 when they reported on my bankruptcy.

They billed me for the money they said that I owed them. This means that they were double dipping...on one hand they received payment from me and on the other hand they said that I had not paid them. And if Verizon is only trying to protect themselves, please explain to me why Verizon refuses to send me the final bill on my level 1 account if there was no deceit on their part. Let me remind you that they mailed my final bill back to themselves and have given me the run around in getting a copy.

One of their representatives even told me that I would have to subpeona to get my final bill.

I followed up with my account is still open - it's the same account number - why do I not have access to this information in the first place.Again, I'm waiting for answers.

nikalseyn

I expect you listed Verizon as a creditor on your bankruptcy filings.If you did, then they were notified of your filing and thus would automatically have filed a claim.

This is normal.They have to protect themselves, see?

VERIZON IS STILL TRYING TO COLLECT ABILL I PAID FOR MY DECEASED MOTHER, WHO PASSED AWAY FIVE YEARS AGO. NOT ONLY DID I PAY THE LAST BILL, BUT I REQUESTED THEY DISCONNECT THE SERVICE AND THEY OBVIOUSLY IGNORED MY LETTER BUT ACCEPTED THE CHECK.

WHOA, VERIZON. GET A GRIP.