2.0

Verizon has been trying to get me to switch to FIOS for years.I have stopped opening their mailings but I still have them and there are many dozens and they keep coming.

If you happen to talk to anyone at Verizon they will try to sell you FIOS. Even the repair person who came to my house to fix the line tries to sell me FIOS. The problem was not in my house but they kept saying it was until I finally had to prove it to them. Morons.

They destroyed my neighbors brick wall installing their box for FIOS. Everywhere they drilled or hammered is now a crack up the brick wall. They intentionally leave the junction box doors open down the street so that the copper wires become corroded. They will do anything to degrade my current DSL and phone service so I will be FORCED to switch to FIOS.

I DO NOT WANT FIOS VERIZON!! Be warned that once you switch to FIOS you can never go back to your old copper wire connection. When hurricane Sandy hit this area my street lost power for a week. I was the only one around who had phone service.

That's because FIOS also uses your electricity to charge the battery in their box. Once you lose electric service, the battery will go dead in a few hours and you will have No phone, No internet and No TV service through FIOS. With the old copper line the power is generated by the utility company and they have their own generators ready if needed. Their promotions to get you to sign up are very misleading.

$79. for 2 years plus taxes and fees. Really? What are the taxes and fees?

I do not know of anyone paying less than $100 per month for FIOS. They also lie in their commercials by stating that it is 100% Fiber Optics. From the side of your house to your TV or Phone or Computer it is still the same old copper wire or coax cable that is installed in your home. How convenient that Verizon simply eliminates these circuits from their equations.

Get this. I have a TV antenna and get over 40 channels for Free! Why do I need FIOS? I can't believe how gullible we are to let these utility companies dictate to us that it is now normal to have a $100 to $200 per month bill that no one had or needed 10 years ago.

My DSL speed is fine for me.That should be enough to tell Verizon but they are very persistent and will wear you down if you let them.

This reviewer shared experience about "can't you read?" and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Verizon. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Verizon.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Telecommunications category for more informed decision or compare Verizon to other companies on our site.

Comments

New York, New York, United States #1130008

Your an ***..The technicians want to fix your service whether it's copper or fios.

The company is abandoning the copper plant. They are not willing to finance 2 networks.

The utility company that powers those copper lines is VERIZON..I really hope you do not reproduce, as you really have no clue..