Dealing with Verizon is akin to entering the penal system. Just think about abandoning total control in an extremely hostile environment.

My DSL died Friday while I was online. A manager somewhere in Asia said he could send a technician Monday morning to solve the problem.

Then I got an electronic voice mail message Sunday evening that said the technician would stop by Sunday evening at 7 p.m. I called to follow up and was told by another manager in Canada that technicians only make broad appointments for 8 a.m. through 5 p.m., and that it would not be possible to schedule a visit between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m., as I was originally promised.

The manager in Canada (Nathan: Z774846) said he would make a note in my file that would wait until 10 a.m. and call to make another appointment if a technician did not arrive by that time.

I went to work at 10 a.m. without seeing a technician and scheduled another visit on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m., EST.

I then received a phone call to tell me a complimentary visit with a technician would not be possible because I missed the appointment this morning.

I've made several calls back to Verizon and was hung up on twice -- once by a manager in Asia -- after lengthy hold periods.

This is a nightmare. Is this typical for Verizon???

Comments

I had the same experience with Verizon DSL.There was no possibility of talking to a human except one in India who doesn't understand American English.

The connection was just off and on for two weeks. I was on a trial period and just called up and cancelled. I am never going through this masochistic abuse with Verizon againl They are absolutely useless and do not care. Their people are rude and do not care.

I think this company thinks they have a monopoly and just do not care. I had cell phone service 10 years ago and they screwed me over. I only tried this because it (the home) belongs to my family, not me. I had a feeling this would happen, and it did.

Even when I cancelled, the young man tried to talk me out of it and said "all the companies now are outsourcing" well, screw them, they are sending all our jobs to India.Screw them all.

I recently went thru the same type ordeal w/ Verizon.My DSL NEVER worked & after scheduling 4 tech.

visits, many promises & many lengthy phone calls to India LATER, wound up cancelling my svc. Twice they came out before the scheduled time & the other 2 x they were simply no-shows (& not once did I EVER get a phone call from field svcs.). As for the automated msgs., they're about as reliable as getting info.

from a 2-yr.old.