please help me if any one knows about this plan or has it or had trouble about it, please let me know, they lied to me & for 2 years with dsl had only lies & bad service they played games, the sent out repair man that would fix it and it would last a couple of days and be out again, the gave me dsl wireless for $14.99 a month a life time plan, now they said they have no record of that. i am sure that they did this to other customers also, i would like to know.thanks.

Comments

New York City, New York, United States #670748

Same thing happened to me. I got "lifetime" $19.99/mth DSL service around 2009 or 2010.

It went up to 21.99 in 2011, then up to 26.99 in Jan 2013. I have spent a lot of time on the phone with Verizon, and it is like talking to a brick wall. They completely disregard their original offer that 19.99 was for life. They tell me that they don't offer the 19.99 service anymore, so they can't give me that price.

Then I tell them that when I signed up, I was told it would be 19.99 for life. Then they tell me that the only package they have is for 26.99, so they can't give it to me for 19.99.

It is a joke, false advertising, and a ripoff, without any consequences -- the consumer has absolutely no rights. They simply disregard their original lifetime guarantee, and keep increasing the price.

I originally signed up for the $14.99 for life offer.

Holding Verizon to that offer has been exhausitive and I have called up Verizon dozens of times to honor it.

The issues first started to surface after I moved. After discussing the matter with Verizon I was initially given a "replacement" offer with verizon at my new location for a 1 year period. I was told because my number had changed and the "promotion" was no longer valid that I would have to call again when the 1 year period lapsed. I would than have another alternative put into place that would get me a similar temporary offer....this was to continue for "life" every year.

Well....today was the straw that broke the camel's back. It has been amazing to see the gradual progression at verizon regarding that offer to where today I was told, "you are not elgigible for credit or for the $14.99" contrary to what I've been told for years.

After looking the offer up on the web to look for the fine print if it still existed, the supervisor I spoke to insisted that any move terminated the offer (contrary to what was originally conveyed to me), I came across all the complaints from others regarding the same matter.

I will be shopping around for an alternative but it is sad to see how customer service has done a free fall with Verizon.

YOU ARE NOT CRAZY...I THOUGHT I WAS...I WAS PROMISED THE SAME IN A SOLICTED PHONE CALL MANY YEARS AGO...THEY KEPT UPING MY BILL TILL IT GOT TO 21.99...I BLEW MY STACK AND THEY SAID THEY WOULD GIVE IT TO ME FOR 14.99 FOR LIFE PROVIDING I WOULD CALL BEFORE JUNE 10 EVERY YEARS TO RENEW...I DID...THEY TOLD ME SO SAD TOO BAD 21.99 AGAIN...THAY NEED A CLASS ACTION SUIT...

to NATHALIE MARIE ALENSKI #1068557

refreshing (and disheartening) to hear others are going through the same thing as me with Verizon DSL. I was also signed up for life and talking to the rep was exhaustive.

The supervisor wouldn't answer me when I asked about the lifetime guarantee I guess he was programmed to not respond. For what it's worth I will call Massachusetts attorney general for information on what is clearly fraud!!