6 AM and water plume in easement of property front. Call water company. They arrive 2 hours later and say it's not their problem - it's ours and they shut our water off and leave. Call plumber. They arrive at 6PM that evening and find that the service line is cracked - it's located below 2 new FIOS lines recently installed...hmmm.

Fun begins. Start calling Verizon. Hours of being placed on hold, being disconnected after hours on hold. Resume phone attack next day and speak with reps up and down the East Coast...no one cares and they admit it.

Finally find some guy in another state who says "I'll put a trouble ticket in" (Dah). They tell us to find the contractor that they hired to put in the FIOS. At some point someone takes pity and gets us the info. We have to get the plumber ourselves.

Here's the best. A tech calls us back and asks if we will email his supervisor to say that he did a good job. Oh, and that was the same one who told us that he didn't care if we had water or not but since he was at work he might as well do something. This will be our last saga with them.

Comments

Only Verizon employees have the gall to ask for a recomendation for their poor service. Call your city hall and make sure they know that Verizon and their contactor performed shoddy work and damaged your water lines... And be sure to tell your friends!!!

I recently was given higher priced internet service without being asked, in addition there were other problems with my bill.Consequently I decided to see if other had similar complaints.

I realize many people to.

There it is time to file complaints with the FCC, along with contacting representatives, senators and the media about unfair practices against consumers.Federal Communication COmmission (FCC) forms are available online.

I realize many people to.There it is time to file complaints with the FCC, along with contacting representatives, senators and the media about unfair practices against consumers.