Verizon has one objective only and that is to sell their products/services. They have no desire to provide even minimal customer service or support once they have you hooked on one of their plans. The following is just a small fraction of the problems one will discover once they have become a Verizon customer:

o Bankers hours for customer service (i.e., only available 8-6 M-F)

o Ridiculously poor automated phone system (and they’re a telecommunications company)

- drops calls

- recycles the same questions after you have answered them

- menuing system gets lost and directs you to the wrong department

- doesn't provide an accurate wait time

- no apparent way to bypass all the menus to speak with a real human

- confusing list of options and departments (some of which seem to overlap)

- tedious and time consuming

o Human support (if you're lucky enough to get any)

- is unlikely to speak and understand English very well

- is likely to be totally incompetent (they’ll regurgitate the same garbage their email bots send out)

- is likely to attempt to "connect you" to another dept or 3rd party when they can't resolve your problem (naturally, the phone call will get dropped or it’ll be the wrong department for your problem)

- ??? (as I said, you're lucky if you ever get to speak with a human)

o No online chat capability for tech support

o Email tech support turnaround is 2 business days (maybe)

o Email support’s typical response comes from a dumb bot (i.e., response is highly likely to not only not answer your question, but to have nothing whatsoever to do with your question)

o No single contact point for Cellular, FIOS, land phone, Internet, DSL, TV, etc. (different URL and user ID and password for different services)

I could go on and on, but I've already wasted far too many hours with Verizon "support" and still have not resolved my problem—and this is not my first excursion into Verizon support never-never land.

Their products are decent (I have FIOS internet, TV, land phone, and wireless), but their after sale support is virtually non-existent. Judging from the amount of money they spend on advertising as opposed to customer support, it is clear they care only about the next sale and could care less about existing customers.

Comments

PAY YOUR BILL I have found the best way is to get them in the pocket book. Pay them $1.00, then pay $1.01, then $1.02 etc... this way they will pay excessive transaction fees to the credit card companys, revenge is sweet

Verizon support is the worst ever! My dsl internet has been down most of the time for the 1st 2 weeks in january 2012.

I have been on the phone with them so many times I lost count. They still have not fixed it so I switched providers.

In addition I dropped my lan line seriice also. Never going back

So i was ready for an upgrade and decided i wanted the iphone 4s. i went to the store the day it came out because i knew availability would be limited if i waited too long.

I told the sales rep i wanted the 32gb iphone in black. All went well. two days later i look at the usage on the phone and find out its a 16gb. I went to the store and said you gave me the wrong phone i wanted a 32gb phone not the 16.

no apology was given for the mistake and i was told that they were all out and id have to wait until they got them back in stock. it was also implied that it was my fault the sales rep said i could have swore you said 16. why would i lie about this, its not like i wouldnt have paid for the 32 she just didnt read the box. it is now almost a month later and i still have not received a call about the phone.

of course i called numerous times and was told i had to wait or i would have to pay the $35 restocking fee. they said they would extend the warranty where you can take the phone back after 14 days.

so basically im stuck waiting till forever for the phone i should have had in my hands a month ago. not to mention the apple store still had them in stock but i cant return the phone because i would have to pay the restocking fee because their employee made a mistake.

I spoke with a terribly rude verizon Customer Service assistant and she hardly helped me at all.. I been trying to get my internet to after tthree days and out looks like I'm going to have to wait another week put two to get the problem with my landline fixed.. -_- does verizon dispatch repairmen to fix your phone lines for you?

#192251

So I have been on the phone with Verizon support for over an hour now trying to get my cell phone number removed from a FIOS installation that doesn't pertain to me. I have been passed off to 4 different reps, 3 of which have confirmed that they see that my cell account is erroneously listed under another account as point of contact.

However for some reason I am still on hold as nobody has the authority to delete my number which is wrongly listed under another account. Incompetence at its finest.

I am glad I don't have FIOS bundle from Verizon. Friends and family members who switched to FIOS are very frustrated with Customer Service provided and response from representative (if you can get to them).

I am glad that I don't have FIOS and now even more determined not to have FIOS after a terrible customer service experience that I lately had to resolve one issue with my DSL slowness.

I am writing this out of sheer frustration and disappointment that I had lately. I fell sorry who got FIO and are now in trouble for not getting what they were told:(

A concerned consumer:)

I JUST FOLLOWED UP AGAIN WITH VERIZON/REBECCA/CSR WHO TOLD ME THE CHECK WAS SENT OUT TWO WEEKS AGO TO AN ADDRESS WE HAD 2 YEARS AGO!! REBECCA TOLD ME SHE WAS ISSUING ANOTHER CHECK & WOULD NOT GIVE ME THE #OF THE FINANCIAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT.

I HAVE WASTED COUNTLESS HOURS ON THE PHONES WITH VERIZON TRYING TO GET A SIMPLE MATTER RESOLVED.

I WOULD GIVE THIS REP A "3" ON A SCALE 1-10 -- THEY ACT LIKE WE THE CUSTOMER OWES THEM MONEY NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND -- WITHOUT US CUSTOMERS THEY WOULD BE OUT OF A JOB -- I CAN SEE WHY INDIA IS SO POPULAR -- THEY ARE MORE EFFICIENT AND HAVE WAY MORE MANNERS. NDER

12 MONTHS AGO WE TERMINATED WITH VERIZON INTERNET AS OUR CABLE WAS SWITCHED TO TIME WARNER AND WE WERE OFFERED A MORE ENHANCED SERVICE. WE DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT WITH VERIZON.

WE WERE PROMISED A CREDIT FOR THE BALANCE OF THE MONTH. INSTEAD VERIZON TOOK ANOTHER MONTH'S PAYMENT. DOZENS OF PHONE CALLS LATER & PROMISES I HAVE YET TO RECEIVE OUR REFUND. NOW WE ARE MOVING & I HAVE TO CHOOSE ANOTHER INTERNET PROVIDER.

I WOULD LIKE TO CHOOSE VERIZON BUT I NEED MY REFUND. PLEASE HELP ME GET MY REFUND OR I WILL HAVE TO CONTACT THE ATTORNEY GENERAL & BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU.

JUST SEND ME MY REFUND OF $56.52. THANK YOU!

Dehra Dun, Uttarakhand, India #20672

dI have been trying for two weeks now to get Verizon customer support to resolve my problem. I am subscribed to the Broadband access using the USB wireless plug-in UM-150.

They advertise and state in their spec's that I can expect download speeds of 600 to 1400kbps. I am only getting 52.5 to 120 kbps. Not enough to even download short news video clips. It takes 10 minutes to download a 2 minute clip.

I have talked with a Service representive five timne and have sent one email request on their support site page. The last rep called herself Tanya and told me after a 1 and one half hour session that she would write a trouble ticket and call me back within the hour. That was four days ago and no response yet. The previous tech name Tanya, why do all their names end with an A?, said I should take my computer and USB device to another area which uses a different cell tower.

I have done that to three different areas each more than 20 miles from my home here. No change in speed. All the technicians take me thru the same littany of procedures to "solve" my problem. None of them successful.

My Verizon bill runs $183.00 to $191.00 per month for my cell phone and computer services.

This is the kind of support I get for that money I have to spend on a contract which Verizon will charge you a heavy penalty if you try to close the contract and service. Their whole Support Program is corrupt and disgusting.

Forrest, Illinois, United States #16835

Anyone that defends the customer service for Verizon either works there, their spouse works there or they've never tried it.

Verizon is absolutely the worst. The answer is it's always "another department". They entered a disconnection Order on my internet service for NO REASON, by mistake or whatever.

Now, it has been over 2 days and they still can't get my Verizon! Yahoo accounts back. I keep being told it's being "migrated" while all my customers call ALL DAY LONG wanting to know why my email is bouncing with "service disconnected."

Can Verizon forward emails sent to my old address to somewhere I can get them? Of course not. It's all floating in la-la land, as are most Verizon reps.

Verizon has terrible support. They voice attendant is annoying and makes you confirm EVERY answer, which is okay if only have to call once a year. But, if you have to call 4-5 times in one day, you'd be postal. It's gross. They gig me for $300 a month and leave you alone to make it all work. It's fun I can't describe.

Farmington, New Mexico, United States #5288

I don’t how you messed up a phone exchange, the box is pre-labeled for return, i know, i broke my phone and used there replacement policy. Zero cost to me other then the insurance for the phone.

As for wait time, i work customer service and most people when they quote wait times are full of it. Also, i bet you called on your lunch break, like ever other person who suffers from single customer syndrome.

As for being rerouted and hung up on, I bet you were really rude and demaned service. If you follow the golden rule, you will get the best service you could ask for, but i doubt anyone who would complain on a site like this will understand what the golden rule really means

thosepeople
Highland Park, New Jersey, United States #5004

I had to have a phone replaced in August by mail. I was told not to return the broken phone. No mailing label was included with the replacement either. Two months later I was called and asked how I was paying the $99.99 for the unreturned equipment?

It took another six weeks and five phone calls to get a mailing label. It took three more months after that to get the charge taken off my bill.

I lost count of all the calls to have late charges removed. Apparently it was all my fault they didn't get the equipment off my bill for three months.

Oh, and all four phone were cut off. Verizon "complimented" my account by restoring service and not charging a reconnection fee.

I'm so sick of Verizon.

Subership
Newport, New Hampshire, United States #4892

I have waited on hold for over 3 hours, had to take 3 days to make contact, and then had the representative put me on hold for another 45 minutes trying to correct mistakes with Verizon DSL. I only got assistance by contacting the attorned general and the BBB.

I wouldn't use Verizon Bundled Services or FIOS despite the product unless they were absolutely the only choice available. I know they are supposedly correcting some of the issues, but they haven't bothered to notify their collection agency who harrasses individuals.