Verizon installation is a joke. I've had service with them for over a year (FIOS). We moved to an apartment and they upsold us to get a phone line. They immediately sent out a DSL modem (huh?) and said everything will be fine and dandy by July 1st. Well the installation date (July 1st) came and went and as of today (July 8th) I STILL have no phone and no "high speed internet".

They call my cell phone repeatedly (or at least a computer does) and then asks me to hold for customer service. Then IMMEDIATELY I get a message that they are currently experiencing a high call volume.

Over the weekend, their computer called my phone four times to congratulate me on my new installation. I received an email that my service has been completed and billing began on July 1st. What new installation? I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with Verizon. Their installer was supposed to show up on Friday. He didn't. Now a new one is supposed to show up tomorrow. We'll see.

I would not recommend Verizon to anyone at this point. A competitor has offered to come on Wednesday and guarantees an immediate installation. We'll see. Verizon needs to get their act together and get some human customer service.

It is VERY frustrating to say the least that this company does not care enough to hire actual humans to handle customer issues. Your computers are quite irritating.

Comments

Sounds like someone prematurely closed a service order awaiting dispatch to get credit for a completed job and to show everything that was pending was dispatched out.

Make sure your bill doesn't start until the date you are actually hooked up with usable service. Start taking names, noting dates & times and what was discussed. Give them one more chance to correct the situation then report Verizon to the state utility regulators and the FCC along with the local better business bureau.

Good Luck