It began when Verizon disconnected my POTS line service as well as my DSL on the day before the bill was due. But I called them and paid the bill via their Pay By Phone (with the $3.95 "Convenience Fee"...) and called them back with the Confirmation #. I was told by a very nice person that my phone and DSL were already in the *** to be reconnected.

Got home, no DSL. 15 minutes before they closed, I called & got bounced around their IVR resulting in, "We're sorry. The office you are trying to reach is closed. Please call back between 9am and 4pm EST." I'm on the West Coast.

All weekend, no DSL.

Called today (Monday) and they gave me the run around saying how they couldn't confirm the payment and how they couldn't reach the local business office to verify that I did indeed pay their bill -- despite the fact I had my Confirmation #.

Finally, after 20 minutes of this guy's canned excuses in very hard to understand English I might add (India or Pakistan, I'd guess) I was transferred to a Supervisor who basically pulled up my account and while she couldn't "verify" my payment, she said she would restore my DSL service "as a courtesy" and said it would take approximately another business day.

Aaaaghhh!!!

It's bad enough that their DSL service isn't all that great but their tyrannical customer service is so bad that I'd gladly take the dreaded Digital Rectal Exam / Prostate Check 10x before calling them and going through their horrible service.

Review about: Verizon Phone Service.

Comments

Louth, England, United Kingdom #13099

Here's some advice to businesses that actually want to keep their customers: STOP OUTSOURCING YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Sure you'll get to pay people half way around the way half the wages, but they'll be as helpful as robots. In my experience, they've hardly ever talked to me like a human being or cared about my concerns.

They don't listen, and have only displayed competence in reading off scripts in response to the most common scenario. I might as as well have been visiting a website.

Com'on Verizon (and United and Wamu and...) Are they really human? Or did you just give your machines Filipino accents to make us think that they are?

Louth, England, United Kingdom #13095