Recently ordered Verizon's Ultra service for home internet. After the install I received a robo call from Verizon that they had tested the line and I was being delivered the speed they had promised.

The service was incredibly slow and I called Verizon everyday to determine the problem. Each time they insisted the speed into my apartment was correct and the problem must be in my home network. After 7 days, I finally spoke to someone at Verizon who said my line was not capable of carrying their Ultra service. The billing department corrected my bill, but admitted they would have continued to bill me had I not called, even though when they pulled up my number it indicated the line could not carry their higher speed process, there is no mechanism in place to correct their overbilling.

If I hadn't been diligent, I would have continued to pay an additional $10 a month for the higher speed service.

My guess is that they charge a lot of people for this service which they can not provide. Out and out fraud in my opinion.

Review about: Verizon Internet Service.

Comments