Barre, Massachusetts

For months, Verizon had been biling us for data usage, when neither my husband nor I EVER used data. We called to have them restrict all data from the phones, to which the assured us they did time and time again, yet somewhow we kept getting billed for it.

Every time we would ask them why, they said they had no record of us ever calling them to turn it off. It was clear to see by looking at the charges that no websites were being visited, that the phone was simply connecting to the internet. At one point they withdrew over $400 from our checking account without our notice for these ridiculous data fees. Then they refused to return the money.

Then a month later, they called looking for another $800. They had disconnected our phone lines and refused to turn them back on. We spent 3 days on the phone with every different department, and not one customer service rep could or even wanted to help us resolve this matter. We ported our lines over to AT&T and filed a complaint with our local attorney general.

Months and months of calling and complaining, and yet every time we called they insisted they had no record of us ever speaking to them. Will never use Verizon ever again, for any service.

Comments

I have spent months calling Verizon to get them to remove charges for services I never ordered. Because of their inefficiency, I am now being harassed by collection agencies.

Verizon, ever-incompetent and unhelpful, refuses to resolve the matter.

Thanks for being good neighbors, in the broad sense of the word. "Valued customer" my ***.