1.7

I recently had a Verizon sales rep ring my doorbell about 7pm. He went on and on about increasing the speed of my Fios service from 25/25 whatevers to 100/100 or even 150/150 if it was available in my area. My monthly price would remain the same but I'd have to sign a 2 year contract intead of staying on a month to month plan. After installing the new router I was sent, I compared a speed test from before to after installing it and saw that my speed was identical- it hadn't gone up as promised. Moreover, the new router did not cover as much of my house as the old one had- now I had complete dead zones where I had some service before.

I called tech support and was told that the information the sales rep had given me was incorrect, that the price would indeed be much higher for the available 150/150 service and that the contract I signed would not be honored because the price was incorrect.

Knowing that I'd never win with Verizon and get what I was promised, I told the rep that, in that case, I wanted to get out of the contract so I'd be free to go elsewhere if I so chose. She went on and on- cutting me off many times- telling me how great fios was, etc. etc. etc. I told her, repeatedly, that my problem wasn't with the speed or the price anymore, it was the bait and switch I'd been subjected to by an authorized Verizon agent. She couldn't understand my point and told me how highly regarded fios is and I told her again that it was my experience as a customer that was the issue. I felt like Verizon had taken advantage of me and that if they would not honor the price of the contract, I didn't want to be held to a commitment.

I have 3 problems with Verizon:

1. Why do they let authorized salespeople make untrue promises about price and service?

2. Why don't they honor contracts these people issue?

3. Why don't they hire customer representatives who can hear what a customer is complaining about? I knew I was never going to get what I was promised, I just wanted, at that point, to get out of a commitment to stay with them if they weren't going to honor the commitment they had made to me.

This person wrote the review because of "bait and switch and poor customer service" at Verizon. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Verizon to offer any options to resolve the issue.

The most disappointing in user's experience was bait and switch and incompetent customer service. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Verizon and verizon internet service for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments