We went to a Verizon phone store in Batavia Illinois and signed up for 2 new phones.

We gave $75.23 and was set up with an I-phone and a basic model also.

We were very happy with what we had received and the service was great.

ONLY 1 THING WRONG!!!!!!!!!!!

When signing on the dotted line we DID NOT realise that the I-phone WAS ALREADY 2 YRS OLD!!!!!!!

We haven't had our first bill yet and we are pissed!

You'd think getting an up to date phone came with a new 2 yr contract .

I Guess not! After speaking with 2 people at Verizon services and the mngr at that store ...............I got ripped off !

Any help? Verizon won't give me a I-5 or even the I-4s.!!!!!l

Electricwinter @ yahoo.com

Review about: Verizon Phone Service.

Comments

I'm not entirely sure you understand what the term bait and switch means...

How long the phone has been out is completely irrelevant. It's still sold new because it's a solid performing phone and there is still a demand for it because it allows people to get into that "premium" iPhone feeling for a very low price.

You could have bought a 4s or an iPhone 5 if you wanted to pay more money for the device. You chose the cheaper option and there is nothing wrong with your phone.

You did not realize the phone was an older model because you did not ask how old it was and did no research before making your purchase. All that the 2 year contract means is that instead of paying the $600 that the iPhone costs, you got the subsidized cost in store.

The reason that Verizon is unwilling to give you a more expensive phone is because there is no problem and you have zero idea what you are complaining about...