Verified Reviewer

1.1

I was a Verizon customer. When a switched from my old carrier I was told that they would match my carriers price on service, minus the specific perks I received.

I agreed. My bill was NEVER what we agreed on and had to call customer service every other month to correct the billing. They would correct it and it went to the following month and shot up up 30-40.00 more. This went on for 7 months.

Also, they sham you into the autopay, oh its auto pay alright. They took the monthly bill out twice the same day.

I went back to my old carrier. Then they hit me with 540.00 bill out of my account, no notice, no email, nothing. I called my bank and the charge was reversed.

That was about 3 weeks ago and this morning Verizon decided to hit my account again for the 540.00. No explanation as to what its for or anything. I have tried calling Verizon and only get recordings because I no longer have an account.

I notified the Federal Trade Commission and filed a complaint. I am also filing one with the FCC and my local sheriffs department.

This is out of control.

My advice is DO NOT sign up for auto pay from any corporation. Use a credit card. They cant automatically hit your credit card like they can your bank account. Its why they want a debit card and pretend to give you something in return for letting them have access to your bank.

Dont do it. Youve been warned.

User's recommendation: Do not use bank account or debit card for auto pay.

Verizon Pros: You are a bunch of overcharging crooks.

Verizon Cons: Lack of transparency with chat persons, No information or contacting the customer for updates.

Location: Tampa, Florida