Verified Reviewer

After 20+ years of using Verizon, on 10/30/22 we changed to a new carrier to save $$$. On 11/8/21 we paid our October bill which included monthly service and per line charges for 3 lines for the period from 10/22/22 to 11/21/22 (~$120).

On 11/24/22 we received our final bill expecting a credit or refund for the unused weeks.

There was none. the bill was for $0.00

I immediately went back to the local Verizon store requesting a refund for the service that was not used from 10/30/22 to 11/21/22. We were told that Verizon would not refund those charges and that I should contact Verizon Customer Service, which we did. Verizon Customer Service also stated that they would not refund us for the period that they did not provide service for, so I contacted the New York State Attorney General and filed a complaint.

Today (months later!) I received a call from Verizon Customer Service indicating that I was not due a refund even though I pointed out that they changed us and we paid for 3 weeks of service that they did not provide.

They said forfeiture of monthly payment is covered in our account paperwork.

The ridiculously long and barely understandable legalese in these agreements should not be an excuse for theft of funds. If you didn't provide a service, we shouldn't have to pay for it!

User's recommendation: Verizon = Thieves!

Preferred solution: Refund of $90 for the 3 weeks of service that were paid for but not provided..

Verizon Pros: Good cell coverage nationwide.

Verizon Cons: Very very expensive compared to other carriers, Terrible customer service, Theft of funds for service not rendered.

Comments