1.1
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Account ending in #6536-00001. The reason my account is delinquent is due to your store on 13th St in Gainesville, Fl.

You have a den of thieves and liars working at that location. I original purchased a jet-pack for the Verizon Store in Starke, FL. This was a very experienced, knowledgeable and courteous staff. After I left AT&T, I went to the Verizon store on 13th street.

I brought in my phone and tablet from AT&T to turn them in as part of the process to pay for leaving AT&T. The young man who waited on me stated that the devices were too cheap and Verizon didn’t want them. I asked how was I going to receive the payoff for AT&T. He stated to bring in my last statement from AT&T and that was all that was required.

I wanted a buy myself a phone for my birthday since I have never purchased a cell phone before, I only took the free ones. I was told by this person that the phone I choose only had one in the store. This phone had been returned but was working perfectly. I desperately needed a phone since I have very debilitating illnesses.

I put $200 deposit down on the phone, brought the cover and had a screen placed on the phone. I got home and the wall connector was not in the box. I returned the next day and was given one that didn’t belong to that particular phone. I come back several weeks later with my bill and was informed I needed the phone.

I told the new young man that the person who sold me the phone stated Verizon didn’t want my cheap phone. I volunteer at a homeless shelter so I donation the phone since I didn’t need two. Now I wanted to update my jetpack with unlimited data since I had problems being on the 2-month plan. I had become sicker so I was having problems with going to Santa Fe and doing some of my work.

I was told by this young man that I had to buy a new jetpack but the cost would be given back to me. I paid an additional $100 deposit for the new jetpack. I had just paid the 2-month jetpack so I wanted to make sure the data would be transferred to the new jetpack. I never wanted my phone to have unlimited since I do very little on my phone.

Now my bill is 135.00. The phone is acting up so I call customer support and I was told that they would be sending me a new phone. I asked about my bill and was told I needed to pay the bill in order for her to help me. I paid the bill and was told my monthly bill would be reduced.

The phone never comes and I check my account, the $53 dollars I paid for the new jetpack has not been given back to me. I inquire why this has not occurred and was told since I already had a jetpack that I didn’t qualify for the rebate. How many times is an employee of Verizon going to lie to me? I went to the Verizon store in Starke, FL and they stated my account was so messed up that they couldn’t help me.

They told me to ask for a manager when I went back to the store of thieves and liars. So back I go again, talked to a gentleman and he stated the manager was not in but he would give him my phone number to call me. Now the metal piece of the cable that goes into my phone broke. I’ve had a cell phone since 1995 and I have never had the metal break off a cable.

Never received a call, went back to the store to see the manager again and meet the biggest *** of all. This idiot tells me they have no manager, they are all managers. So, I retell my story again and his response was “Well you learned a valuable lesson.” I have never in my life ever been told this by anyone and I’m 58 years old.

He would give me another cable, took another call and refused to engage me again. I was unable to charge the phone so I could not call customer service.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Account.

Reason of review: all of the above.

I didn't like: Service, Guarantees, Bad attitudes, Making me purchase unnecessary items.

Comments