To Verizon customer service:

I would love to thank you for the nightmare you have caused me. Keep in mind that I am posting this nightmare to the web and sending a copy of it to the Better Business Bureau.

Thursday, June 5, 2008 – I contacted you about my internet service that hadn’t been started yet. Thinking it was only a minor problem, I allowed you to send me to customer service in the Philippians. I spent 3 hours on the phone. Most of the time was on hold listening to blaring music. Finally I was told my service would be up and running in 24 hours.

Friday, June 6, 2008 - I got a call at 8 AM from Verizon saying my service was connected. When I tried to connect to the internet, I still had no service. I called customer service back and again was sent to the Philippians. I was asked the same questions I was asked the day before. 2 more hours go by where I am mostly on hold. Finally someone tells me a tech person will come out to look at my phone lines. I wait 5 hours for them and they never show up. During that time I got many calls saying a tech was coming before 5 PM. I’ll just say I was pissed when he never showed up. Verizon is also not open during the weekend, so I couldn’t yell at anyone about their lack of respect for my time.

Saturday, June 6, 2008 – the tenant in the front apartment is bragging about surfing the *** site with his free internet service. Yes, Verizon hooked my service up to his apartment. I should have known something was up when the modem showed up without the words front or rear apartment written on the box. I think UPS delivered it to the front apartment and the tenant just brought the box around to my porch.

Monday, June 09, 2008 – I called Verizon back. I spoke with about 20 different people during my time of trying to get this straightened out. I was on the phone for at least 3 hours and got disconnected so many times it wasn’t funny. I couldn’t get them to understand that there was a back apartment and that there had been phone service here prior to my moving in. I kept repeating that service had been turn on in the front and they kept asking me, “so, what’s the problem”. The problem is I AM IN THE BACK APARTMENT!!!

Well finally towards the end of the day a phone tech showed up at my door. Believe me I was glad to see him. By the time he left my service was on. I give many thanks to the phone tech.

Just when I thought my nightmare was going to end, I discover all of those phone calls to the Verizon call center had sucked up my minutes. I was told when I signed up for Verizon wireless cell phone service that all calls to Verizon customer service would not. Now I’m over my limit by 74 minutes. At .45 a minute, you do the math.

In the end, Verizon never told me they were sorry. They never gave me any free internet service for a couple of months to compensate me for the headache they caused. They never reimbursed me for the cell phone minutes I wasted while they were playing games. In the end I may be the customer, but Verizon proved that I mean nothing to them. All they want is the money I spend for the internet service and cell phone, but if I have a problem, nobody wants to hear it.

So what do I think of Verizon? They such when it comes to customer service.

Had an Experience with Verizon?

Comments