3.2
Style and Design

The exact same thing happened to me. We live in a rural area, and we use a MI-FI wireless connection.

After going to the new unlimited plan, we decided to purchase a smart TV so we could take advantage of streaming that we couldn't do before because of data limits. Now, after about four days on a new cycle, we are pasted 10 GBs and Verizon slowed our speed to what was supposed to be 3G. It's more like dial-up. And Verizon expects us to deal with that for the remaining 26 days of the cycle.

It's surreal. I suspect Verizon went to the unlimite plan because they were losing customers to other companies, but they are not capable of handling the increased date use that comes with streaming. We stream content about 2 hours a day, but the GB usage is very high. That can't be considered overuse of data when I only stream 2 hours a day.

And yet, Verizon sent a messge scolding those who overuse data on the unlimited plan. Don't know what the answer is, but I am not happy.

And I'll bet millions of other customers are dealing with this problem. I know one thing for sure, I can't live with dial-up speed for most of my monthly cycle.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Phone Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from May 11, 2017.

Comments

Same here after data cap, dial up speed. Which they said would be 3g.

I guess in the Era of no regulation customers don't mean squat. They can get more...6 to 8 calls to resolve and nada.

All I hear is more competition leads to better choice etc. yea right buy up competitors and have your way with them.

h.kitchener
Columbia, South Carolina, United States #1327370

Apparently, your idea of "unlimited" is not the same as Verizon's. Like the public school system in most areas, "you are supposed to know" what they mean by unlimited or similar. Go to another provider.

to h.kitchener Unadilla, Nebraska, United States #1327678

I would love to have a choice in providers, but unfortuneatly in rural areas choices are very limited here.

to T Hudnall #1329774

We're in a rural area too, so we're right there with ya. We switched back to the 50G rollover plan which will start in 2 long days.

It costs more, but I'm hoping the speed goes back to what it was before we switched to the unlimited plan. Not only that, but I'm also hoping our data doesn't suspiciously rack up faster. Like I've said before, this is not progress.

It's one thing to make a buck, but quite another to be misleading and greedy. The US is woefully behind in satellite TV (no true ala carte choices), and also high speed internet~~one reason and one reason only: greed.