58 views
Verified Reviewer

1.4

Update by user Mar 14, 2022

2 credit bureaus have completed their investigation. They brought my score back up about 75% and added a notation to the Verizon account.

In my opinion, this isn't good enough. That account should not be on my credit report at all and my credit score should be at where it was before Verizon and Receivables Performance started working their magic on it!

Original review updated by user Mar 14, 2022

I entered into a lease with Verizon for a phone. I paid the first months lease and activation.

I go home, put the phone on charge and go to bed. The following morning, I only had 63% charge. I tried several nights and never got above that 63% and the phone would die after about 4 hours of not being plugged in. I am not sure if it was the phone or the service, but I was unable to make or receive calls on this phone at my work or at my home.

The phone was basically useless to me. So, I returned it within the 14 days, cancelled the contract, and disconnected my service with Verizon. When I got back out to the car, I called the number on the deactivation receipt and made certain the service was inactive. I was assure the service had been turned off, and the account was closed.

Two months later when I received a past due notice in the mail, I called them immediately.

After 3 hours on the phone and 8 different transfers between Verizon Customer Service and their collections department (Convergent Outsourcing), I finally got a lady at Convergent who tell me that she could see where I had the service disconnected, but for some reason my service was still active and I was being charged for it. She removed me from her collections list and told me Verizon would have to fix the rest of it in their computer. She transferred me back to Verizon again. They refused to allow me to speak to anyone who would be able to actually fix the mistake they had made with my account.

I finally reached my limit and demanded to speak with someone who had the authority to fix my issue. They transferred me to Bryan. He assure me that he had taken care of everything and my account had been closed out showing a zero balance. The following month, I received another past due notice for the same amount.

The following day, I sent Verizon a letter to dispute the charges. Two weeks after that dispute letter was sent, I started getting phone calls from a different collections company. Between these 2 companies, they have demolished my credit score by 90 points in 2 days. Because of that, I missed out on a business loan.

Three people lost their jobs and I am now out of business because of a mistake that Verizon Refused to fix and a collections company called Receivables Performance (a couple of the voice mails I called back says their name is Performance Receivables) that doesn't double check their debts before trying to collect on them.

In the beginning, I only wanted the account closed out with a zero dollar balance, the derogatory information removed from my credit report, and my credit score back to back before all this took place. After many phone calls and letters, nothing has been done to correct the mistake made by them.

Now, I am in the process of taking legal action against both Verizon and Receivables Performance

I hope this information was able to help someone.

User's recommendation: Keep an eye on all your billing statements. They will do what it takes to get an extra couple $$.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Wireless Account.

Preferred solution: I would like my account closed out with a zero balance, everything that was reported to the credit bureau needs to be removed completely, my credit restored, and Performance Receivables, LLC needs to stop calling me!.

Location: Sumiton, AL

Comments

Do you honestly think someone is going to read all of that ?

Verizon Reviews