1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

In my market there is only Verizon & Comcast for internet service.I have Verizon.

My service went up 40%. I called and they don't care because they are the only game in town. This is gouging, pain and simple. Since the internet has now become a necessity, they can charge whatever they want.

Were is the Consumer Protection Agency. AT one time we had the PUC (Public Utility Commission) now the have disappeared. What's a consumer to do? I suggest that they are working together to fix the market.

Is there anyway a consumer can fight these monopolies?Some day a smaller company will be able to provide these services at a much lower price, if the large companies do not crush them.

Comments

h.kitchener

They offer a service at a price they set.If you don't wish to pay the price, then don't take it.

Simple decision.

You have no "right" to internet service nor do you have a "right" to service at the price you want.For your info, internet service is not a "necessity." If you cannot get thru a day without the internet, then your problem(s) run deeper than most.

to h.kitchener #1376809

Very human and considerate of you.Just what we are to expect of some people these days.

Wait until something happens to you, that you feel is unfair.I hope you get the same kind of sympathy!