Verified Reviewer

I had an account with Verizon for over 15 years and about 5 years ago I transferred from Verizon to Spectrum. At that time I sent back two iPhones with the boxes and return labels sent to me by verizon.

After I received another bill from Verizon, I called customer service. They said they did not receive them. In the midst of a 6 month time period, I had talked to numerous customer service staff. This went on for nearly 6 months back and forth never talking to the same person and getting pushed off.

Finally the last time I talked to someone, they said they had located them in the warehouse, and give it a billing cycle and it should zero out and I would stop receiving bills.

So I assumed this was resolved because I stopped receiving calls and notices.

So last Thursday 10/7/2021, I went online and purchased three iPhones and associated packages, paying $162.00. It notified me that my order was ready for pick up at a local store. I went to the store and everything went great. I received my phones and I purchased extra accessories spending another $175.00 and not at any time during my online experience or at the store was there one mention of this 5 year old bill.

Not until later that night, I went to activate them at home and couldnt. I called in and was told it was because I owe a $1700 bill relating to phones that were not returned.

So there is my dilemma, I have tried to talk to multiple people at Verizon, I can not find anyone who will take the time to figure this issue out. I keep getting told, 1. They will call me back, 2.

They need higher management to approve any changes. And the lists goes on of excuses.

So I am reaching out you today at a last resort because where is the recourse. I have three phones I can not activate until this is resolve and I am getting tired of explaining this issue to everyone I come across. I can not find anyone to take the ball and get this resolved.

Verizon seemed ok taking my money for the phones, packages, and accessories that I purchased and not giving me the service I signed up for due an issue that was resolved 5 years ago is unacceptable.

I need to activate these phones, we have been 7 days without phone access. At this point, I need you or someone on your staff to help.

Thank you, I have not working cell phones so my only contact right now is Christy.beck@***.edu anytime and 919-684-**** during the day.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Verizon Pros: Customer service.

Verizon Cons: Horrible customer service, Not being able to communicate with a real person.

Comments