State: Massachusetts City: Boston Product: Verizon Home Phone Service Clear all filters (1 of 17 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:

Verizon Forcing Customers off Copper Wire onto FiOs

Verizon has been increasing our bill in an attempt to force us off our copper line and to accept FiOs. In May of 2015, monthly total for DSL plus phone bundle in MA suburb outside Boston was $81, then rate increase in July of 2015 to $90, now new rate increase in July of 2016 to $97. I called Verizon to discuss. Rep told me the following: 1) Verizon does not want to maintain both fiber optic and old fashioned copper, so they are increasing the costs to copper wire customers to offset their unexpectedly high fiber costs. 2) Verizon does not want to maintain the copper wire system any longer, so they are "discouraging" continued copper wire use by constantly increasing the rates on copper and offering "deals" on FiOs. 3) Verizon customers using copper wire for DSL and phone line should expect continued price increases. There will be no re-bundling and no customer loyalty discounts. Basically I was told that they will keep increasing the price until they force me to accept FiOs. I have been a Verizon customer for over a decade, with two cell phones, one land line that supports an alarm system, and one land line with a DSL/phone bundle. I expect to move to cable soon. Only thing stopping me is that I will probably have to change the modem/routers again. The old technology was fine, I really don't have time or money to keep playing these *** tech refinements games.
Review
Service
Verizon Home Phone Service
Cons
  • Attempting to force us off copper wire
  • Arrogance of customer service
  • Constant increases in cost of service
Reason of review