Verified Reviewer

I have recently ported my number from Verizon to a different carrier due to its terrible service, constant billing issues and higher prices.

Ive contacted customer service in person at the store, via chat and phone several times prior to porting the number out. I repeat asked about any costs, penalties and device buyout cost.

I was given an amount to pay off my phone. I made the payment and started the number transferring the next day. I was told on that same day that I would receive a refund of $200 + $70 + $35 on my card due to numerous incorrect charges and prorated rate.

A week later I contacted billing and was told they would not refund my card, but would send me a check. To my surprise a few weeks later I received a bill of $450 instead of a refund.

I contacted several times and spent hours on chat and phone where the representative first made several assumptions in attempt to justify a charge they didnt understand. They also have ended up confirming it was incorrect, and that I needed to show my bank statement to prove I didnt receive a refund they confirmed themselves it was never processed.

I even said I have screenshots of conversation where I was told I would be refunded and not charged, and I was told that doesnt matter what I was promised, there was no way they would remove the $450 charge and no refund has been made.

I was promised twice to have a supervisor contact me back, and still havent received a call.

I would expect the company to investigate and honor what they told me. No one in their right mind would port their number if they were informed there would be a $450 penalty.

Ill definitely not pay for this absurd charge and will go to the full extend I have to if needed to be compensated for the time and stress this has caused.

User's recommendation: Stay Away.

Verizon Cons: Non responsive, Unreasonable charge, Do not honor information provided.

Comments

#2080786

If this is in Texas look into Texas deceptive trad practice law. I not check your state for a similar law.

Verizon Reviews