Verified Reviewer

For weeks I requested to transfer my internet service to a different address from Dumfries VA to Stafford VA, Verizon process for this matter is horrible, terrible and incompetent.

Is very clear how bad a company is when a problems arises.

After numerous hours on the phone navigating their menu options, their internet website is a nightmare you cannot get anywhere so you have to call, the frustration mounts as you are been of transferred from one department to another.

It took me six calls to address the service transfer, the seventh call was made to cancel the service as I got so frustrated and tired to deal with their incompetence and poorly trained representatives.

Unfortunately I had to choose another provider which in my concept is not better than Verizon and is the other giant provider who about five years ago I had a problem with when a lighting stroke near the house and because that company employee did not properly connect the internet with a ground cable.

This time after the frustration with Verizon I arranged the installation with this other company with just a single ten-minute call.

It is very unfortunate and frustrating when you don't have options and the two biggest companies share the market, using poorly trained subcontractors for installation and distant costumer service which who knows from what country they are answering as they use all the same script but offer no solutions.

The solution for this problem is more companies competing in this market that is the only way to get a better service.

I was at a Walmart store a few days ago and there was a team of salespeople from Verizon trying to sell Internet, cable, tv etc., when they approach me I asked them why are you trying to get more costumes if you don't know how to keep and handle the costumers you already had. All three reps remained silent.

Preferred solution: Apology.