Coverage Area
Style and Design

My husband died almost 4 years ago. When he set up the Verizon account, he never told me the PIN or wrote it down.

We had a joint account. Verizon told me countless times that without the PIN nothing could be done to change the account. After enduring receiving a bill every month with my husband's name on it, I switched to AT&T. (I know, some people don't like them either).

Verizon continues to bill me after I switched (kept my number too) and now threatens to report my unpaid bill to the credit reporting agencies.

Here's what they should have done:

Close the account and open a new account with my name only. The PIN was their hang-up. Verizon would not change anything unless I told them the PIN. Not sympathetic to the fact that the only person who knew PIN was dead.

Of course, Verizon knows the PIN and probably was laughing at me for not knowing it.

Here's what Verizon did:

Kept account as it was with Husband's name on it, continued to bill me for almost 4 years after his death (I was still a Verizon customer until March 2019 and paid promptly every month)

I switched to AT&T in March 2019. Verizon keeps billing me. I refuse to pay. I have called and written letters.

I told them the date I switched and refused to pay for service after that date - service I have not received from Verizon. Don't waste your time with this company.

Product or Service Mentioned: Verizon Customer Care.

Preferred solution: Send me a final bill for Feb. 23, 2019 through March 11, 2019 (date I switched to AT&T). Billing me for anything after March 11, 2019 is fraud on Verizon's part. Verizon is trying to collect money from me for services they have not provided..

Verizon Cons: Anything about my experience with verizon.

Comments

HeartfeltChameleon697

I have filed a complaint against Verizon with the FCC also.