I switched carriers from Verizon and they immediately locked my online account, refusing to allow me access even though they have a portal to log in to a disconnected account. I was told my account could not be unlocked because they were too busy and I needed to call back in 2 weeks.

I gave them a month and then I was told it was not possible at all and never was. Also, getting through to someone on the phone has been impossible when calling from the number I ported from them...I had to call from a different number. Also, when I switched my service, my Galaxy Note 9 phone would not work properly because the MMS messaging did not work. After about 8 hours on the phone with Verizon and the new carrier, being told about about 10 different, conflicting things, and after about a week, I was told I wasn't going to be able to use this feature with the new carrier.

What a waste! As a result, I had to sell my Galaxy phone at a $700 loss because it was not fully functional.

Get all of your information you need BEFORE you switch. Never buy a phone from a carrier, specifically Verizon. It locks you in to them only and if you try to switch, your phone may not work right.

Buy a phone from the manufacturer or make sure it's unlocked before you buy it so you're not stuck with a certain carrier.

Last but not least, their prices are extremely high for what you get. I was paying $180 a month for ONE phone (which included a $50 device fee). That is too much for one phone line, I repeat....ONE PHONE.

Verizon, like many other big cell phone companies, have become greedy, even buying out their competitors so they can HOG the market.

I wish there was REAL competition so these companies can get run out of town with their HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, LYING, and price gouging. It's rediculous!!!

User's recommendation: Get all information you need BEFORE you switch carriers. Otherwise, you will not have the ability to access it online. EVER! Also, I suggest you buy a phone from the manufacturer or make sure it's unlocked before you buy it so you're not stuck with a certain carrier.

Location: Houston, Texas