140 West St, New York, NY 10007

I had been a customer of Verizon for the last 7 years for my cable/phone and internet. Over that time I have paid this company more than $13,000 for their services.

This year I started to have some financial issues and needed to reduce my monthly payments. I called and tried to get a better rate and was basically told they could not adjust it. I had to cancel the services. I was told that because my current contract I was going to have to pay $140 to break it.

I called customer service and after being on hold for over 30 minutes I s/w a rep who said I would need to s/w a supervisor. I asked to s/w the supervisor and was told they were in a meeting. She said she would transfer me to their voicemail but instead she disconnected me when I called back it was now after customer service hours. I called back the next day and was on hold for 40 min and finally s/w someone who said she could help me out but my account was in cancel status and she would need to call me back the next day between 11-11:30.

The next day came and surprise! No call. I called back and s/w a supervisor named Jason (Badge#900358). Who said there was nothing he could do.

I asked to s/w his supervisor and he refused and said "You've reached the top" and there's nothing I can do. Again 7 year customer, over $12k in payments and I got treated like I was not worth their time. I'm sure there are a lot of sites like this one that I can vent on and share my experience about Verizon. The customer service is much better at AT&T and Comcast.

They respect their customers. Avoid Verizon unless you enjoy standing on hold waiting for unprofessional representatives

Comments

Machele

Not too sure the customer service at AT&T or Comcast is much better than Verizon from the complaints I have seen. However, if you have a contract and it outlines the terms of breaking such, then it is what it is and you either pay the cancellation charge or don't.

Up to you. Being a customer for a number of years with any of these companies means nothing to them.

Verizon Reviews